• Show
Clear All

Connacht-Munster New Years eve

Are any Munster fans thinking of spending new years eve in Galway,
    watching the rugby game and taking part in Connacht's new years eve
    Package...???

http://www.connachtrugby.ie/content/view/154/20/

connacht-new-years-eve-package

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

It'll probably be a 3-0 victory for Munster in driving rain and freezing conditions.......must nip to the bookies.

Comment

We're looking at heading to Galway for new years eve and to take in the match. That package seems reasonable enough but it would be great if it included accomodation!! Having fierce trouble finding some
      http://www.rebelwaves.com

Comment

I was there for that one a couple of years ago..... freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing....
        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

No. Day trip. A fast one too.

I expect to see Noah at Buckley's buying wood too. Every year up there the weather is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake
            I was there for that one a couple of years ago..... freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing....

But there were 2

One year after another - In Athlone and then in Galway

It was still lashing rain a year later

Comment

Not alot of people seem to be taking this up......... I reckon I will.. There are about 8 mates thinking of doing it aswell....

Comment

im going-day trip though i think
                If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Flying into Limerick on the 30th and back horribly early New Years Day as have Quins game at Stoop 3pm. Hoping to do bus to Galway and back on NYE. Is it likely to be Sunday service?
                  PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

<!-
                    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                    var SymReal;

Sym()
                    {
                    window.open = SymWinOpen;
                    if(SymReal != null)
                    SymReal();
                    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                    {
                    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                    SymReal = window.;
                    window. = Sym;
                    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

I took my 9 year-old daughter, all we saw was a Paul Burke penalty which wobbled over the bar.

We were cosy enough under the stand, so after the game I promised her that we'd stay for a couple of doggie races. Waited over an hour, and then the meet was cancelled because they couldn't switch on one of the floodlights on the far side!

4 hours in the ground, and 3 lousy points. (not even pints)

So I presume I'll go again. It's a CRUCIAL game!
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Oh yes I remember it well. Icy rain running down the inside of the trouser legs. Missus queuing up for 35 minutes inside to get burgers (lovely burgers there btw), cold wet cranky kids. Ah yes, what wedo to supportour team.

And then backthe following year getting wet at the same fixture again, and back to stand arse up against the open fire in Connollys in Kinvarra with the steam rising off the soaked pants, hot whiskey in hand. The joys of it.

Comment

12 of us going for this a great was IMHO to start the NY session for €60 seems v good value as long as the grub is reasonable!
                        \"There\'s only 1 Dougie Howlett, only 1 Dougie Howlett, drinking in bars, dancing on cars, walking in a Dougie wonderland!!!\"

Comment

I dunno I'd hate to be inside that 'grand stand' for the match.
                          Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Ill go but if I get a chest infection from the rain AGAIN ill send them my doctors bill!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin)
                              Flying into Limerick on the 30th and back
                              horribly early New Years Day as have Quins game at Stoop 3pm. Hoping to
                              do bus to Galway and back on NYE. Is it likely to be Sunday
                              service?

I'll give you a lift if you want. No need for the bus.

Comment

Working...
                              X