This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Ride to the Game" thread

After a suggestion in response to a thread of mine a couple of weeks ago, I'm starting this thread as a sticky to see if there's an interest in organising ride-sharing for going to games.

This could be for those who are driving to a game and would be willing to offer a seat in the car for another supporter, or for those who would like to go to a game and for whatever reason can't drive themselves or for whom the public transport arrangements are unsuitable. Drivers can stipulate their own requirements re time, route, pick-up location, whether or not smoking is allowed in their car, etc.

If it turns out to be useful then great, if it doesn't then it can be forgotten. It should be pretty straightforward - just post something simple along the lines of WANTED / OFFERED and the ride details, e.g. -

"OFFERED - 2 seats, non-smoking, Nenagh to Thomond Park, leaving Nenagh on Saturday 3pm from Maxol on Limerick Road, leaving Limerick Saturday 9pm."
    "WANTED - 1 seat, smoking preferred, Dublin to Thomond Park, leaving any time after 12pm, leaving Limerick 7pm."

People can then contact each other via PM, same as with the ticket threads.

Disclaimer: this is only about putting people in touch with one another and all arrangements are made at individuals' own risk.
    Tis but a scratch.

I'll get the ball rolling ...

OFFERED - 2 seats, non-smoking, Co. Antrim to Thomond Park. Passing through Belfast by 1pm, hitting the M50/Dublin around 2.30pm. Willing to collect pretty much anywhere en route (but needs to be somewhere that's handy to motorways). Expect to arrive in Limerick by 5.30pm. Returning Sunday early afternoon.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Your Avatar seems slightly off putting considering the offer!
      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Ha, true!! Sure it'll only discourage the faint of heart ...
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
          Ha, true!! Sure it'll only discourage the faint of heart ...
          To the brave and faithful
          The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
            To the brave and faithful
            Exactly! That's the sort we want coming to the games ...
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Sometimes I'll try for one before I head to the game but if I have a few pints I'll definitely try for one after

/coat
              I am the million man.

Comment

It took seven posts for that to make an appearance. I am disappoint.

(Also, I'm telling Cowgirl you said that ...)
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I may have a seat or two from Waterford City to TP - day trip only - up and back on Saturday, unfortunately, due to other commitments
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

A harse, a white harse, one last white harse.

Gwan Munster
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I'm asking rather than offering this time. Can anyone give me a lift down and back from Dublin on Saturday? Will save me driving the entire 10+ hours from north Antrim & back in one day. Happy to throw in a contribution to fuel and I'm a non-smoker. Can be in Dublin for about 11.00am.

I've emailed MRSC to ask if they're thinking of putting on a bus from Dublin, but if there's already any info about that then I missed it.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                        I'm asking rather than offering this time. Can anyone give me a lift down and back from Dublin on Saturday? Will save me driving the entire 10+ hours from north Antrim & back in one day. Happy to throw in a contribution to fuel and I'm a non-smoker. Can be in Dublin for about 11.00am.

I've emailed MRSC to ask if they're thinking of putting on a bus from Dublin, but if there's already any info about that then I missed it.
                        There's no mrsc bus from Dublin. Green bus from luas red cow is handy though... 10 lids each way I think.

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheers, will look into that one. I may even end up staying over, but getting there in time is the bigger priority.
                          Have to say hats off to MRSC, I only sent my enquiry about whether there was a bus yesterday well after 5pm, and got a response at 7.30. No such thing as clocking off!
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Sorry Chips, I'm not going to make it. Himself is working and I'm on hurling and athletics duty again. I had hope when I thought it was at 5 o'clock . I wonder would munster mind changing it to 7? Pooh
                            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

No worries Boo! Another time. Am sort of leaning towards staying down altogether now anyway, rather than do all that travelling in one day.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X