Eir buys Setanta & BT sport Irish rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by munstershane View Post

Eir still showing the pro14 and world cup. Also still free for those with Eir BB
    ITV also have the RWC and RTE have all of Irelands games and all of the knock out games. So the only thing they have exclusively is the Pro14. And I even as a huge rugby fan wouldn't pay for only that seeing as I'll be at half the Munster games anyway.

Comment

Eir still showing the pro14 and world cup. Also still free for those with Eir BB
      Yeah I'm not an eir customer though. I currently have the eir/bt pack on sky tv which is very good. However it seems likely that sky sports and bt will now be bundled together but there is no clarity on where that leaves the eir channels. Will you have to pay separately for 2 packages if you want to watch the champion's cup and the pro 14
      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

Yeah I'm not an eir customer though. I currently have the eir/bt pack on sky tv which is very good. However it seems likely that sky sports and bt will now be bundled together but there is no clarity on where that leaves the eir channels. Will you have to pay separately for 2 packages if you want to watch the champion's cup and the pro 14
        Yes. From August 1st the BT and Premier Sports channels will be part of Skys new Sports Extra package along with the Sky Sports channels. Eir will still be stand alone, but will now only carry Eir Sports 1 & 2.

Comment

Get some decent IPTV. Sorted.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

Yes. From August 1st the BT and Premier Sports channels will be part of Skys new Sports Extra package along with the Sky Sports channels. Eir will still be stand alone, but will now only carry Eir Sports 1 & 2.
            Balls! My parents have eir so I can probably use their login.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

Balls! My parents have eir so I can probably use their login.
              That would work. Don't think there is a device limit either like Sky Go has
              Life is good

Comment

That would work. Don't think there is a device limit either like Sky Go has
                2 device limit on Eir app
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Some detail on Sky/BT/Premier Sport Prices
                  https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...778gz7US4qucsI

Comment

Originally posted by GEORGETHEBEST View Post
                    Some detail on Sky/BT/Premier Sport Prices
                    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...778gz7US4qucsI
                    Jesus Christ, that's extortion.

Edit, maybe I misread that. It looks like as a sky customer without a sky sports subscription I can get the extra package on it's own for €34 per month which entitles me to the BT sports and premier sports channels https://www.the42.ie/sky-sports-extr...38290-Jul2019/
                    Last edited by B.A.; 24th-July-2019, 21:14.

Comment

Beware the new package from Sky will not include Pro14 games. They have confirmed on twitter that Eir still hold the exclusive rights for Pro14 games in Ireland. That's a sucker punch, it'll cost the supporters €64 (€30 for Eir and €34 for BT) to watch all Munster games this season. The new package is nothing to be celebrated.

https://twitter.com/SkyHelpIreland/s...91307919527942

Comment

Working...
                      X