Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eir buys Setanta & BT sport Irish rights

http://www.independent.ie/business/e...-34264787.html

How this affects those UPC/Virgin & Sky? Will Eir be the only platform for BT sports?
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    http://www.independent.ie/business/e...-34264787.html

How this affects those UPC/Virgin & Sky? Will Eir be the only platform for BT sports?

Hopefully they won't apply the old Eircom pricing to this product . . .those old "deals" of €29.00 a month for Broadband and Telephone . . . then €156.00 a month thereafter and a 2 year contract in the small print.

Comment

if they put skysports and bt sports on the one platform, i'll join up.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
        if they put skysports and bt sports on the one platform, i'll join up.
        here here, sign me up for that!
        Stand up and fight

Comment

Eir Sport is now 'Free'* to Eir broadband customers

*Bill is increased by €8 per month, BT sports included, just download the Eir sport app, those with Sky can also get the subscription channels free via registration

Comment

I wouldn't doubt a company like Eircom to get into expensive sports TV when the hole is falling out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
              I wouldn't doubt a company like Eircom to get into expensive sports TV when the hole is falling out of it.
              It's getting into the TV over the Internet business and using sports as the initial carrot for folks (a well tried and tested formula)

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                It's getting into the TV over the Internet business and using sports as the initial carrot for folks (a well tried and tested formula)
                Your partially correct it is over net, but it's still subscription TV, which is being destroyed and losing masses of subscribers

Comment

We are finally getting e-fiber at our area on August 3rd - can't wait
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                  X