Treviso away (Jan 22/23/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treviso away (Jan 22/23/24)

Have never been to a game in this part of the world - any tips? Is Treviso itself worth staying in or is it best to base oneself in Venice? Really looking forward to it!

Stay in Treviso. It's a lovely town and very pretty. We stayed in a bed and breakfast and I think they collected us from the airport. It was Dolce Vita but That was 2009. Venice was just a short train ride away. We had so much fun there. The fans were great fun too. Shops are closed Monday. I had to return to Ireland to buy my Benneton coat. Damn!
    The stand side is in the shade and absolutley freezing and the seats used to be just the concrete steps. The locals brought their own cushions. Maybe it's updated since 2009. I think also we went through Stanstead or one of those for cheap as chips seats. so hopped from dublin to Stanstead and then on again.
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by limerickstag View Post
      Have never been to a game in this part of the world - any tips? Is Treviso itself worth staying in or is it best to base oneself in Venice? Really looking forward to it!

Treviso isnt bad at all at all.

Had a couple of great nights drinking plenty of beer there one weekend. We found a couple of nice bars and fine hotels. One good night club that I remember through a haze ( not saying there is only one).

The Club itself is great imo. There is a real family feel to the place . .well there was anyway, I presume its still the same . . and the club folks are extremely friendly and hospitable. You can chat to players etc after the game. Its quite an old club and they are proud of their history. I recall looking through all the old team shots and seeing Rob Penney there in the line up.

Venice is of course a nice place. It is however horrifically expensive in many parts.

Comment

Cheers for the info, we'll definitely be staying in Treviso!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
          Stay in Treviso. It's a lovely town and very pretty. We stayed in a bed and breakfast and I think they collected us from the airport. It was Dolce Vita but That was 2009. Venice was just a short train ride away. We had so much fun there. The fans were great fun too. Shops are closed Monday. I had to return to Ireland to buy my Benneton coat. Damn!
          The stand side is in the shade and absolutley freezing and the seats used to be just the concrete steps. The locals brought their own cushions. Maybe it's updated since 2009. I think also we went through Stanstead or one of those for cheap as chips seats. so hopped from dublin to Stanstead and then on again.
          The Italians are used to taking their own cushions,they do at the Opera in Verona
          Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Ive done 2 trips to Treviso, both great. They sell wee polystyrene cushions in the ground to insulate your bum but eh hot wine is even better. Forget abu the beer, as the home of Prosecco, a weekend spent drinking your way along the ranks of bottles, between slices of ham and cheese is just the ticket. The day trip to Venice is lovely too...

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              The Italians are used to taking their own cushions,they do at the Opera in Verona
              Keep an eye out for a Michele Guiney.

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post
                Ive done 2 trips to Treviso, both great. They sell wee polystyrene cushions in the ground to insulate your bum but eh hot wine is even better. Forget abu the beer, as the home of Prosecco, a weekend spent drinking your way along the ranks of bottles, between slices of ham and cheese is just the ticket. The day trip to Venice is lovely too...
                Are you going ?

Comment

I am.Just need flights sorted.
                  Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                    Are you going ?
                    yyyyup

Comment

How are people traveling to Treviso? I don't see any direct flights from Dublin or Shannon...

Comment

How are people traveling to Treviso? I don't see any direct flights from Dublin or Shannon...
                        I now see an extortionate Ryanair flight at 7.40am on the Friday... Sounds about right

Comment

Train to Dublin, sail and rail to London via Holyhead, Eurostar to Paris and train to Treviso via Geneva & Milan.

Comment

Plenty of direct options (to Treviso and Venice) from London... Ive booked London/Venice for £50 return a few days ago
                            Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Our Pro12 game v Zebre is the following weekend - might be an option for someone who wants a week or so in Northern Italy

Comment

Working...
                              X