Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tigers Away (Sunday 20th December 17.15)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tigers Away (Sunday 20th December 17.15)

As many of you know already I have lived in Leicestershire for the last 12 years so have a good bit of knowledge of the area.
    I would urge may of you planning on traveling over for the game to consider basing yourself in Blaby. It is 4 miles out of the City Centre but for a lot of people it would present a viable alternative to being based in the City Centre. The local Hotel, Westfield House is very reasonably priced with great facilities. There are 4 decent pubs close by and a few good eating places. Ernie at the Fox and Tiger pub is well known to many people on here and along with the other pubs in Blaby the welcome will be warm and the Craic 90. If your group is a large group of lads on the Batter head for town, Couples, middle aged and older Blaby is well worth considering. I know of a few already heading that way and hopefully there will be enough to organise a bus to take the trip down to Welford Rd.

Let's turn Blaby Red.
    www.canvasclubshop.com

any update on time of this game?

Comment

Originally posted by stevetelcom2000 View Post
      As many of you know already I have lived in Leicestershire for the last 12 years so have a good bit of knowledge of the area.
      I would urge may of you planning on traveling over for the game to consider basing yourself in Blaby. It is 4 miles out of the City Centre but for a lot of people it would present a viable alternative to being based in the City Centre. The local Hotel, Westfield House is very reasonably priced with great facilities. There are 4 decent pubs close by and a few good eating places. Ernie at the Fox and Tiger pub is well known to many people on here and along with the other pubs in Blaby the welcome will be warm and the Craic 90. If your group is a large group of lads on the Batter head for town, Couples, middle aged and older Blaby is well worth considering. I know of a few already heading that way and hopefully there will be enough to organise a bus to take the trip down to Welford Rd.

Let's turn Blaby Red.
      Thanks very much Steve. I was at the 2006 game and had a cracking weekend. Didn't go the Blaby route that time but may this time (if the fixtures announcement is kind to us later on).

Appreciate the effort you put in to trying to help us out. It'd be easy not to bother.

Comment

Originally posted by buster View Post
        Thanks very much Steve. I was at the 2006 game and had a cracking weekend. Didn't go the Blaby route that time but may this time (if the fixtures announcement is kind to us later on).

Appreciate the effort you put in to trying to help us out. It'd be easy not to bother.
        Over the years I've had lots of help from people on here and many other forums. If I can help I will and I am ideally placed to help out for this game.
        www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Hi Steve,

Any idea how much a taxi from Welford Road to East Midlands Airport would cost? Considering doing the day trip on Sunday December 20th!

Comment

Originally posted by Muckier Boots View Post
            Hi Steve,

Any idea how much a taxi from Welford Road to East Midlands Airport would cost? Considering doing the day trip on Sunday December 20th!
            We usually pay £30 from Wigston, I'd budget at that. I can sort one if required.
            www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Hi Steve, I'm not sure if the date for the game has been officially released yet, so just as a precaution I've taken it out of the thread title for now. I'll put it back ASAP.

EDIT date and now time of game restored.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Thanks for the info. There were return flights Dublin-Birmingham going for €20 so I booked. Just need to sort tickets and somewhere to sleep now.

Comment

This is the one to go to imo.

Comment

Looking at attending this one. Does anyone know how easy it will be to get a ticket? I noticed that none of last years Leicester games during the pool stages was a sell out. Will they go on general sale? At which price do they start?

Also what was the meeting venue last time?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                      Looking at attending this one. Does anyone know how easy it will be to get a ticket? I noticed that none of last years Leicester games during the pool stages was a sell out. Will they go on general sale? At which price do they start?

Also what was the meeting venue last time?

Tickets should be fine, try and get them through the MRSC or keep an eye on the Tigers site they will probably go on public sale.

2 of us travelling cork std, out sunday morning back Monday noon. Flight €90

Comment

Who is interested in the option of staying on Blaby? I have Ave had feedback from a few already.
                        www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevetelcom2000 View Post
                          Who is interested in the option of staying on Blaby? I have Ave had feedback from a few already.
                          We are only staying one night, so dont mind, its just a question of economy and entertainment.

Whats down town leciester like compared to Balby on a sunday night? My recolection of UK cities is that Sunday nights are quiet nights to be out.

Comment

I see the premier travel Inn in the City Centre is only £29 for a room on the sunday night, they are always comfortable and generally fairly well located. Pre paid, non refundable reservation.

Is there much around it Steveiephones?

Comment

Anyone planning to dash from the game to the 21.10 flight to Dublin from East Midlands? Looking to share a taxi...
                              www.WestTerraceView.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X