ERCC Final 2016.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERCC Final 2016.

Lads any one intrested flights are up on the Air Lingus website for Lyon next year.
    Got 4 myself. Dublin to Lyon, out friday to back sunday. Hotel booked as well.
    Only waiting on match tickets now. Just have to plan another away trip between now and final.

Originally posted by Bickley View Post
    Lads any one intrested flights are up on the Air Lingus website for Lyon next year.
    Got 4 myself. Dublin to Lyon, out friday to back sunday. Hotel booked as well.
    Only waiting on match tickets now. Just have to plan another away trip between now and final.
    Lyon is a lovely town. Nice weekend market on the quays opposite the old town - good to sit out riverside eating oysters and drinking wine - for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
      Lyon is a lovely town. Nice weekend market on the quays opposite the old town - good to sit out riverside eating oysters and drinking wine - for breakfast.
      Back in my younger days, I spent a good chunk of one summer doing the "vendanges" (grape-harvesting) in that general area and had a period of sleeping rough, including a couple of nights in Lyon. The last evening I was there, a young Algerian lad who was also sleeping under the stars came and sat on the same bench I was planning to sleep on, so we had a bit of a yarn and I shared what little food I had with him. What goes around comes around - in return, he advised me of the safest spot to spend the night, that being the upper platform/bridge at the railway station, as it benefited from regular gendarme/dog patrols meaning that violent crime was far less likely. Despite the circumstances, I still have fond memories of the place - would love to go back and experience it from a slightly less ragged perspective!
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Sounds like there might be a book in that Mr Chips!
        Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
          What goes on the vendanges, stays on the vendanges!
          PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
            Maybe just one paragraph - in another place, there was the really cheerful fat lad with a mullet who tried to sell me a lot of weed/E/coke, all of which I politely but cheerfully refused. Then his pal appeared out of the shadows, clearly an early inspiration for the FX artists on the Walking Dead, asking me if I'd ever tried snorting heroin. I replied that eh, no, no I hadn't as it happens. "Heroin good, good ..." he said as he looked right through me, the gangrene in one side of his nose seeming to spread even as I stared at it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	true story.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	2485838
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
            X