No announcement yet.

There's something Peculiar about the MRSC selling 6 Nations tickets to members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's something Peculiar about the MRSC selling 6 Nations tickets to members

Three things:
    • I did not start this thread. A moderator in his infinite wisdom, from whom I would probably receive an infraction if I questioned such wisdom so I won't, did by moving my post and others from one thread to another and then the posts were moved from that thread to this one.
    • If I did start this thread, I would have spelled "Peculiar" correctly.
    • I have now corrected the mis-spelling (sp?).

Mind you the MRSC offering tickets to a game that is in competition with a Munster fixture is a bit peculiar.
    Last edited by Piquet; 12th-February-2015, 23:31.

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    Mind you the MRSC offering tickets to a game that is in competition with a Munster fixture is a bit peculiar.
    Whats peculiar about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
      Whats peculiar about it?
      The MUNSTER RUGBY Suppprters' Club is offering tickets to a match being played at effectively the same time as a match being played by MUNSTER RUGBY.

And you ask the above question.

Concentrate, Man, Concentrate.

Comment

Sorry I'm lost. What tickets are the MRSC selling that clash with the Saturday fixture in Cork?
        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

The MUNSTER RUGBY Suppprters' Club is offering tickets to a match being played at effectively the same time as a match being played by MUNSTER RUGBY.

And you ask the above question.

Concentrate, Man, Concentrate.

You have lost me to be honest?...What offer?

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
            Sorry I'm lost. What tickets are the MRSC selling that clash with the Saturday fixture in Cork?
            tickets for Ire V Fra id presume?
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
              You have lost me to be honest?...What offer?

Ireland v France 17:00 Dublin. Lottery for tickets organised by MRSC see here

Munster v Cardiff 19:35 Cork.

Comment

Ireland v France 17:00 Dublin. Lottery for tickets organised by MRSC see here

Munster v Cardiff 19:35 Cork.
                There is nothing peculiar about that.

Comment

There is nothing peculiar about that.
                  So, in your opinion, there is nothing peculiar about hosting a game in Cork and arranging for some of your Supporters to attend a different match, thus preventing them from attending the match you are hosting.

Are you sure you understand what "peculiar" means?

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet
                    So, in your opinion, there is nothing peculiar about hosting a game in Cork and arranging for some of your Supporters to attend a different match, thus preventing them from attending the match you are hosting.

Yes in my opinion there is nothing peculiar about it. The miniscule number of tickets the MRSC get to offer for an international is a drop in the ocean. Also, the international is set before we know when the munster game is on and where. Yes I do know what the word means. I,ll leave it there because you are now being pernickety.

Comment

You do realise that every club in Munster sold tickets to members for the 6N game. Are we to berate the clubs for arranging for some supporters to attend a different match, thus preventing them from attending the Munster match?

Comment

Yes in my opinion there is nothing peculiar about it. The miniscule number of tickets the MRSC get to offer for an international is a drop in the ocean. Also, the international is set before we know when the munster game is on and where. Yes I do know what the word means. I,ll leave it there because you are now being pernickety.
                        It was known that the Cardiff Match would be this weekend, back in September. It was further known , due to the works in Muzzer earlier on in the season (to which you referred above), that the game would be in Cork.

Again, selling tickets to a rival attraction to one of your promotions is questionable business practice to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                          You do realise that every club in Munster sold tickets to members for the 6N game. Are we to berate the clubs for arranging for some supporters to attend a different match, thus preventing them from attending the Munster match?
                          I don't think that "every club in Munster" are hosting Saturday's match.

Comment

It was known that the Cardiff Match would be this weekend, back in September. It was further known , due to the works in Muzzer earlier on in the season (to which you referred above), that the game would be in Cork.

Again, selling tickets to a rival attraction to one of your promotions is questionable business practice to say the least.
                            In your opinion. By the way, were you not giving out recently about the difficulty you face with next years wales game?

If MRSC were to provide you with a ticket for that game, even it clashed with a Munster game, would you turn it down and choose to stay and attend the Munster game.

In your opinion the benefit to some members of having the chance to attend an International game ,if it clashes with a Munster game is not good businesd practice. In my opinion , knowing the small number of tickets MRSC get, it is no issue.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I have nothing further to add nor will I.

Comment

My wife and I are MRSC combined ticket holders and seldom miss a Munster game in Cork. I entered the raffle for Ireland v France, thankfully, we both came out in the draw and have 4 tickets for the game so now myself, my wife and my two daughters as a family can go to our first ever 6Ns game. While we'll miss the Munster game I'm delighted the lottery was offered to members.

Comment

Working...
                              X