Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which pub near the Irish Independent Park you can watch the game against France?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In which pub near the Irish Independent Park you can watch the game against France?

Hallo!

Sorry for my english. I am from Germany and i am for one week in Ireland. I will watch the game against France in the near of the stadium because i will also watch live the game between Munster and Cardiff. I will come to Cork with the train.

Greetings

Kaesus

Firstly welcome and I hope you enjoy Cork and the Munster game. I would suggest going into the stadium to watch it in one of the bars but it will be busy. But others may have other suggestions.

Comment

I think Ireland vs France is being shown on a big screen at Irish Independent Park.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Thanks for your replies! I hope i will see two wins of Irish teams! SUAF!!!

Comment

I'm planning to watch the France match in the Tory Top Bar, about 150 to 200m from Musgrave Park.

[ Kaesus, Musgrave Park is the original name of the Stadium which those of us of a certain age insist on still using. ]

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
            I'm planning to watch the France match in the Tory Top Bar, about 150 to 200m from Musgrave Park.

[ Kaesus, Musgrave Park is the original name of the Stadium which those of us of a certain age insist on still using. ]
            It took me a second to realise where he was talking about. It'll always be MP. Haha.

Enjoy the game Kaesus. Not sure what kind of crowd we'll get as the schedueling of the game is unfortunate but sadly not surprising for a fixture in Cork. Hopefully you'll enjoy the game and both results will go our way. :)
            Last edited by Stringer9; 9th-February-2015, 23:10.
            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

If i had plan the trip i forgott about the 6 Nations :-( My fault!
              But i hope my first top league live match still will be good.
              Many thanks for your suggestions!!!

Comment

Im not sure going to Musgrave to watch the Ireland game is such a great idea unless you have stand seats.

If you are in the Terraces you will be standing there for over four hours.

Thats uncomfortable for anyone bar the fella with the world record for standing in the same spot longest.

There are several pubs nearby and even more of them in areas like Douglas only a few minutes away

Comment

All the clubhouses will be open, no need to be outside for the 6 nations match. Plenty of room in them.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                    All the clubhouses will be open, no need to be outside for the 6 nations match. Plenty of room in them.
                    Yea both the Dolphin and Sundays well rugby clubs are inside the ground and will be v showing the Ireland match.....
                    Likely there will be some bit of a crowd there.
                    Welcome and enjoy the games ��
                    "Syrana" on de Villiers "A step, a hand off and two more defenders beaten on the line and the third try was in the bag. It's amazing what a world class inside centre can do when you play him at inside centre!"

Comment

And can you say me how far is Musgrave Park away from the train station? I will come from Midleton.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaesus View Post
                        And can you say me how far is Musgrave Park away from the train station? I will come from Midleton.

Its a bit to far to walk, might take an hour, and difficult to find, about 12-15 euro in a taxi or try to get this bus fron the train station (Kent station) to evergreen road and you could walk in 5-10 mins, just ask the driver to drop you as near as possible to Musgrave park

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1392394304-226.pdf

Comment

It's a taxi ride (10e?) if you're under any time pressure. Otherwise stroll into the city centre and enjoy a leisurely pint of beamish in one of the pubs in and around Oliver plunkett street (10 mins walk from train station). The 203 bus going south from Patrick street (main street) will take you directly to musgrave park. Enjoy the games, it could be a cracking evening
                          Bagáiste ar phriacal an úinéara.

Comment

Working...
                          X