Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Foy slur on Munsterfans/ Thomond Park in todays mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rug...ul-danger.html

Sort of vitriol aimed at Scarlets fly-half Rhys Priestland shows rugby's soul is in danger

"...Meanwhile, the use of foul language aimed at officials or the visitors has become a feature of the big-match experience at Thomond Park in Limerick. Once again, the desire to convey passion has been given a toxic twist."

Very harsh considering the overall tone of the article and also where it's placed. A few morons now represent the match day experience in TP.
    Seas suas agus troid!

Nonsense article highlighted by the consideration that Hartley's sin binning was "harsh".

Only thing of interest is that I think George McGuigan is the Falcons hooker who played as an exile for Ireland U20s. His father is Limerick born and refs in England. Might be of interest to Munster given the nightmarish run with injuries to hookers.

Comment

The daily mail has a rugby section?!?
      I am the million man.

Comment

Chris should stick to the cycling

Comment

He should have been around in the hay day of the AIL
          clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
            He should have been around in the hay day of the AIL
            Leave the Bull out of this ....
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              It sure does, I loves reading it ahead of me horoscope
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Think he might be miffed that he does not even register on the radar for vitriolic comments at TP. He should visit with Georgie Hook the banker, sorry misspelling, if he wants abuse.
                psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  Hugh Farrelly works there (in Irish Daily Mail).

Comment

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14 View Post
                    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rug...ul-danger.html

Sort of vitriol aimed at Scarlets fly-half Rhys Priestland shows rugby's soul is in danger

"...Meanwhile, the use of foul language aimed at officials or the visitors has become a feature of the big-match experience at Thomond Park in Limerick. Once again, the desire to convey passion has been given a toxic twist."

Very harsh considering the overall tone of the article and also where it's placed. A few morons now represent the match day experience in TP.

Those who shout loudest tend to get heard, its the minority, but its not wrong. There is a thread about it here already.
                    Maybe its time that the announcer in TP educated the very few people from time to time about the merits of respecting officials.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                      Those who shout loudest tend to get heard, its the minority, but its not wrong. There is a thread about it here already.
                      Maybe its time that the announcer in TP educated the very few people from time to time about the merits of respecting officials.
                      Oh Feic that. The more he talks the more of a chance of me falling asleep at a match. That monotone voice is so dreary. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH View Post
                        Oh Feic that. The more he talks the more of a chance of me falling asleep at a match. That monotone voice is so dreary. [emoji1]
                        Would you prefer the Leinster DJ?

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                          Hugh Farrelly works there (in Irish Daily Mail).
                          Hugh's he?
                          Leinsterfans regarding Penney - "Terrible news for those few Munster fans who could see where he was heading. He was slowly changing the mindset down there and managing to coax the players to Leinsters style of play. "

Courtesy of Leinsterfans.com

Comment

**** him. He writes for a rag that lies through its teeth on just about every subject on the planet. How many children are affected by their anti-vaccination bull****? And there's this:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/200...secondworldwar

And in case you think the leopard changes its spots:

Incidentally; I'm pretty certain he's never been in TP this season. No indication of it on his timeline.
                            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Working...
                            X