Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Ticket Renewals Etc

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
    Oh, that's another story. Until Ticketmaster are told where to go, then AFAIK, Joe Public can only purchase via TM.

If we stop buying through Ticketmaster then maybe they will have to do something.

By the way it is quite likely the MRSC will start to use Ticketmaster for renewals and ticket sales from next season.

Originally posted by glorob View Post
    If we stop buying through Ticketmaster then maybe they will have to do something.

By the way it is quite likely the MRSC will start to use Ticketmaster for renewals and ticket sales from next season.
    If almost anyone else but you posted that I'd have just passed by without comment.

This will cause problems should it come to pass.

Comment

Just to clarify this point. MRSC are currently looking at a few options and are just as likely to use one other than Ticketmaster. No decision has been made, and an evaluation process is ongoing. You know that already though. MRSC Committee and management always have and always will continue to do all they can in the best interests of the members and they will do so in this instance also.

The current providers of the MRSC System have - as you know, advised MRSC that they can no longer support the current system and as such, MRSC have to look at other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
        Just to clarify this point. MRSC are currently looking at a few options and are just as likely to use one other than Ticketmaster. No decision has been made, and an evaluation process is ongoing. You know that already though. MRSC Committee and management always have and always will continue to do all they can in the best interests of the members and they will do so in this instance also.

The current providers of the MRSC System have - as you know, advised MRSC that they can no longer support the current system and as such, MRSC have to look at other options.

I stand over my comment.

I have serious reservations about the MRSC using Ticketmaster going forward to handle both renewals of membership and sales of tickets to MRSC members. I believe I would not be alone in having reservations about the MRSC using Ticketmaster.

I also happen to believe that if the MRSC use Ticketmaster it will have a negative impact on both membership renewals and ticket sales,

Comment

I stand over my comment.

I have serious reservations about the MRSC using Ticketmaster going forward to handle both renewals of membership and sales of tickets to MRSC members. I believe I would not be alone in having reservations about the MRSC using Ticketmaster.

I also happen to believe that if the MRSC use Ticketmaster it will have a negative impact on both membership renewals and ticket sales,
          You do not have full view of the proposals being looked at, you are speculating as it stands, mrsc will seek and go with the best deal available from proposals , there is nothing more they can do. But, you know that.
          Last edited by Keyop; 17th-December-2014, 18:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
            You do not have full view of the proposals being looked at, you are speculating as it stands, mrsc will seek and go with the best deal available from proposals , there is nothing more they can do. But, you know that.
            I am not speculating as you well know.

Comment

You absoloutely are, you know full well that no decision has been made and you know proposals are being reviewed, you made a comment that mrsc are likely to go to ticketmaster, they are just as likely to go with another.

Comment

Just to butt in to a private argument Im also a season ticket holder for Cork hurling tickets (we love all sports and shopping down here)with gaa.ie who use tickets.ie as far as I know. My personal experience with them has been they have been efficient and don't appear to have the hidden costs that ticketmaster do.

Not sure what that has to do with beating Leinster but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
                  Just to butt in to a private argument Im also a season ticket holder for Cork hurling tickets (we love all sports and shopping down here)with gaa.ie who use tickets.ie as far as I know. My personal experience with them has been they have been efficient and don't appear to have the hidden costs that ticketmaster do.

Not sure what that has to do with beating Leinster but there you go.
                  They do and are very good, however for GAA , the GAA subsidise tickets on tickets.ie. they have confirmed that to mrsc. All of these things will be condidered.

Comment

Whatever happens, it seems either MRSC membership or buying tickets through the MRSC or both will cost more next year.

I wouldn't mind that so much, if I thought the entire increase was going to the Club.

I don't like having to deal with all these Middlemen/women all of whom must "wet their beak"

Ticketmaster have an enormous beak which takes a fortune to wet. I begrudge every cent I'm forced to pay them.

Comment

Staying off topic for a moment. Has the MRSC considered using Eventbrite, I've purchased tickets for shows a few times and find them efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                        Whatever happens, it seems either MRSC membership or buying tickets through the MRSC or both will cost more next year.

I wouldn't mind that so much, if I thought the entire increase was going to the Club.

I don't like having to deal with all these Middlemen/women all of whom must "wet their beak"

Ticketmaster have an enormous beak which takes a fortune to wet. I begrudge every cent I'm forced to pay them.
                        I agree with you there. If it's going to cost more, I'd prefer it would go to Munster Rugby than those thieving bastarrds in Ticketmaster. That said, Munster Rugby have an unfortunate track record in selling out, so it doesn't bode well.

Comment

Are you on the committee ?
                          If not, then committee information is being leaked somehow, which is very serious in my opinion.

Anyway. idle speculation of this nature, causes nothing but grief for all concerned.
                          Knowing the MRSC committee and management, as I do and others do, I am sure they will keep membership fully aware of the reasoning and options before making a decision.

As for the comments about the MRSC selling out...well their just foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavy View Post
                            If almost anyone else but you posted that I'd have just passed by without comment.

This will cause problems should it come to pass.
                            While I'm not opposed to an increase in price in principle (especially if I knew it was being used to reinvest in the club and/or the team), I am opposed to paying more to satisfy the shareholders of TM. I'm already on the fence about renewing my full membership next season (between young kids and so many Friday evening KOs, I'm getting to less than half the Pro12 games I used to), but having to go through TM -- and paying a premium for the privilege -- would absolutely decide the matter for me.
                            Last edited by at henry; 18th-December-2014, 09:21.

Comment

See this is why idle speculation on the matter should cease right now.
                              There is no official communication from the MRSC, on what system they are going to use for renewals next April, never mind whether that will involve a price increase.
                              People will use opinion, based on one person's speculation to not renew their season ticket next year. That has serious implications for Munster Rugby.

I suggest people wait to hear from the MRSC, which at this stage will probably be sometime early in the new year.

Comment

Working...
                              X