Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo View Post
    Hi
    A visiting Leinsterfan looking for a bit of local knowledge.......I have organised for a group of American friends that are visiting the south west over Christmas to attend the Limerick Races followed by the match. Unfortunately they will have their hire car with them, packed to the gills with suitcases etc. Would anyone have a recommendation for safe secure carparking within easy walking distance of the ground? I have googled but no joy. I would be mortified if their car got broken into.
    Thanks
    If they are staying in hotels during their time here, then maybe there is a sister hotel in Limerick that would allow them leave their luggage in their luggage store room.
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by stringerbell View Post
      Hows it going? I presume they aren't staying the night in that case? Yeah I think the strand parking is probably the best option. I would imagine if you contacted them you could pre book a space at a reasonable price, especially if the car is packed with luggage, street parking isn't worth the risk, as would be the case in Dublin. There are other places to park but the Strand is probably the best.

Also if you need any tips on Limerick/Kerry (if they are visiting), id be glad to help
      Correct they are passing through rather than staying in Limerick. Thanks everyone for the suggestion of the Strand. I will investigate.
      Stringerbell, Thanks for the offer of tourist advice around Kerry. Very kind of you. I will pm.

Comment

Correct they are passing through rather than staying in Limerick. Thanks everyone for the suggestion of the Strand. I will investigate.
        Stringerbell, Thanks for the offer of tourist advice around Kerry. Very kind of you. I will pm.
        There are plenty of car parks in the city centre that will be open until after the game, it is only a 10/15 min walk from City centre to ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
          There are plenty of car parks in the city centre that will be open until after the game, it is only a 10/15 min walk from City centre to ground.
          cheers.....yes the Strand was not a runner so hopefully they will be ok in a public carpark. Thanks

Comment

cheers.....yes the Strand was not a runner so hopefully they will be ok in a public carpark. Thanks
            Public car parks are risky but probably not as bad as on street parking. How much will be visible in the car?

Anyone know if LIT has security checking the car parks?

Comment

Hi
              A visiting Leinsterfan looking for a bit of local knowledge.......I have organised for a group of American friends that are visiting the south west over Christmas to attend the Limerick Races followed by the match. Unfortunately they will have their hire car with them, packed to the gills with suitcases etc. Would anyone have a recommendation for safe secure carparking within easy walking distance of the ground? I have googled but no joy. I would be mortified if their car got broken into.
              Thanks
              Perhaps the park and ride service might be a better option http://thomondpark.ie/stadium-info-m...vent-facility/
              Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

Comment

They could park at the Radisson hotel in Limerick and get the shuttle bus to the ground
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

This'll be a humdinger, the Bluesmen will be out seeking sweet revenge and more than up for this game, crucially though they are playing the most colour by numbers and legible rugby they've played in a decade so as long as Munster are properly prepared we should hopefully be able to contain them.

As a sidebar discussion, when a coach says he imparts the responsibility upon the players and their ability to create something on the field, why do Irish sides struggle so badly with this approach? McGahan and O'Connor were big believers in this mantra, even Penney mentioned it many a time although the gameplan was quite structured and complex under him
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Really looking forward to the match. Have my seasonal ticket plus six other tickets for family members, all on the West Terrace South of course. Cold turkey and then a feast of Munster. What could be better?
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      This'll be a humdinger, the Bluesmen will be out seeking sweet revenge and more than up for this game, crucially though they are playing the most colour by numbers and legible rugby they've played in a decade so as long as Munster are properly prepared we should hopefully be able to contain them.

As a sidebar discussion, when a coach says he imparts the responsibility upon the players and their ability to create something on the field, why do Irish sides struggle so badly with this approach? McGahan and O'Connor were big believers in this mantra, even Penney mentioned it many a time although the gameplan was quite structured and complex under him
                      Really looking forward to this game....the missus is due on 28th....so even if something does stir, shur the Maternity is a stones throw away.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        Cowboy
                        Unfortunately as a travelling Blues supporter, I have to agree with you. I will not be travelling with any optimism. We knew things were going to be tough this season but the lack of creativity in the backline is the real shocker. They look confused and yet predictable at the same time.
                        We have been winning matches against lesser opposition but I don't think we will have enough to cope with Munster if they can get their high tempo game going.

Comment

Anyway, back on topic, ....

I'd be a bit concerned that we might be facing a very determined Leinster on St Stephenzes Day on the back of Connacht beating them at the RDS with some fancy Dan back play not seen in Dublin since Munster beat them out the gate at the Aviva.
                          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Guys - please cool it! Wrong argument on the wrong thread. All of you are bigger than this.
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                              Really looking forward to this game....the missus is due on 28th....so even if something does stir, shur the Maternity is a stones throw away.
                              I think I've seen this play.....
                              "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Anyone with southeast terrace ticket, ill swap my east stand ticket for it! Pm if interested

Comment

Working...
                                X