Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lost property

    Can anyone that was in Manchester have a look around and see can they find my voice.I had it at the match, but seem to have lost it cant recall if I still had when leavi g the ground, think I did.
    If you find it could you bring it along to TP next friday as I need it to roar, wail screech etc at Sarries.
    Thanks
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

    #2
    Honey is your friend. Lots of it.
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

    Comment


      #3
      Fresh ginger is pretty good as well, with hot water or in apple juice.
      So long as it returns for Friday, dont care if I squeek all week.
      Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

      Comment


        #4
        Steam gently through the nose and very gentle humming. Lots of water, not too cold and avoid dairy products.

        Comment


          #5
          Lost property

          There is an emergency gargle I know if you really need your voice during the week but I would advise a note pad and hand signals to give the vocal chords plenty of time to recover. Towel over the head over a bowl of just boiled water is best though. EDIT and avoid coffee and alcohol which are very drying.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Fresh ginger is pretty good as well, with hot water or in apple juice.
            So long as it returns for Friday, dont care if I squeek all week.
            IIRC, while Andy Serkis was playing Gollum, he used swig a honey/ginger/apple-juice mix to deal with the strain it placed on his vocal chords.
            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              There is an emergency gargle I know if you really need your voice during the week but I would advise a note pad and hand signals to give the vocal chords plenty of time to recover. Towel over the head over a bowl of just boiled water is best though. EDIT and avoid coffee and alcohol which are very drying.
              Whiskey, especially.

              In fact, if you're making a speech the next day, you can use that to your advantage. Low and slow is seen as authoritative; one measure of whiskey the night before (even in a hottie) can lower your voice about half an octave and add a slight timbre to it if you know how to use your chest voice to get the resonating going. No other effect whatsoever.
              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                IIRC, while Andy Serkis was playing Gollum, he used swig a honey/ginger/apple-juice mix to deal with the strain it placed on his vocal chords.
                Don't really care for work,I like to be quiet.But might try this concoction I have a juicer and run ginger and Apple's through,will add some honey see how it tastes..So long as the banshee wails on Friday night to in still terror into the hearts of Sarries.I'll be happy.
                Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                  IIRC, while Andy Serkis was playing Gollum, he used swig a honey/ginger/apple-juice mix to deal with the strain it placed on his vocal chords.
                  He ate a lot of raw fish too, IIRC

                  sorry - still hungover
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                  Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                  Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                    He ate a lot of raw fish too, IIRC

                    sorry - still hungover
                    Yeah, well, that's method acting for you...
                    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Think I just glimpsed my voice, behind the posts when Keats got the drop goal.
                      Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Think I just glimpsed my voice, behind the posts when Keats got the drop goal.
                        That Munster fan with the pint didn't spill a drop!
                        "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
                          That Munster fan with the pint didn't spill a drop!
                          This Fella?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	beer saver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	2484266
                          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                            This Fella?

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]10281[/ATTACH]
                            No, thats gollum.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
                              That Munster fan with the pint didn't spill a drop!
                              Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                              This Fella?

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10281[/ATTACH]
                              Lots of careful drinkers in that shot.
                              "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X