Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silence for the kickers

I know I know...
    But this is really bugging me again. I heard someone on the WT say after those mannerless children shouted at the opposition kicker again just as he was about to kick, " I want to hear that immediately followed by the sound of children crying!" I agree. There are plenty of kids there who are taught how to behave. Are these kids that were invited down front and are unsupervised? I never see them in the WTCENT. If so, should the stewards do more? Would it work if the announcer said, "If a steward sees you shouting during kicks you will be ejected from the park, your name wil be in the paper shamed as total loser, and you will be banned from attending Munster matches for life!"? I actually think this is a big deal. It is actually somewhat upsetting me. If I see it myself I will frighten the little feckers with words. If I find a parent I will do the same.

Having said that...There was a man behind me shouting, "Up up up up...!" When it was a Scarlet kick and our man was under the ball! Moron.
    Last edited by No. 16; 11th-October-2014, 13:06.

I wish the announcer would stop announcing our Thomond Park tradition.

It appears to me he makes the announcement during every game whether there is noise or not and it appears to me to do more harm than good.

Comment

Yes that is also quite annoying in its awkward delivery.

Comment

I can't remember the last match I was at in Thomond where a kicker wasn't booed at some point. Might have been the All-Blacks game in 2008.

Comment

DEfinitely booing is worse when bigger numbers of young lads there-let their clubs have a word when its their turn to play in mini game on any given night
          sAme last season when lots of young fellas pushed and shoved under East Terrace getting out after Treviso match

Comment

I know it's tradition and all but a lot of kickers prefer a lot of noise around them it's less nervous for them and they can concentrate their mind...any opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by greenback View Post
              I know it's tradition and all but a lot of kickers prefer a lot of noise around them it's less nervous for them and they can concentrate their mind...any opinions?
              They should be ablee to kick whatever. And those heckling them should be ejected from the ground immediately.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

The youth of today have no respect but in times past when we were taught respect, those we respected abused their positions and did very little to earn it.
                Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Those around the hecklers should tell them be quiet, and call the stewards in if they don't.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                    The youth of today have no respect but in times past when we were taught respect, those we respected abused their positions and did very little to earn it.
                    Wha ???
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Stewards are not babysitters, it's not their job to keep people quiet,

it's bad enough that they make the announcements
                      The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

That monotone voice over the speakers would put anyone to sleep 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                          Stewards are not babysitters, it's not their job to keep people quiet....
                          From www.thomondpark.ie

The Role of an Event Steward

To maintain a safe and secure environment in your given area and to be familiar with the stadium ground regulations, ensuring that any breach of these regulations is brought to a safe conclusion.
                          1. Emergency Procedures (e.g. assisting with stadium evacuation)
                          2. Crowd Control (e.g. sideline duty and stand vomitories)
                          3. Customer Care (e.g. usher and assist patrons, disability awareness assistance, direct patrons to designated smoking areas and recycling banks)
                          4. Media (e.g. assist with photographers and reporters pitch side)

Comment

Originally posted by YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH View Post
                            That monotone voice over the speakers would put anyone to sleep 
                            This is how I imagine the announcements are made.

Comment

What's a vomitory?

Comment

Working...
                              X