Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the ' is the "limerick orientation" becoming an issue? ' divisive so close it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the ' is the "limerick orientation" becoming an issue? ' divisive so close it?

Can someone add one of them vote thingys? We're playing Leinster in 4 days FFS, can we move onto that please?
    www.canvasclubshop.com

This is a discussion forum. If some people are pissed off with Munster Rugby and their perceived focus on Limerick then they should be allowed voice their concerns on the forum even if it appears to some to be ad nauseam.

If some do not like the topic they can simply ignore the debate and not engage in circular arguments that are going no place. This is the best way of letting a thread die.

Requesting that a thread be closed is very akin to saying I have had my say, I am right so we should now end the discussion.

Moderators should only close threads with very good reason eg the thread has descended into a series of abusive or defamatory posts.

Unfortunately closing threads seems to be developing into a habit, a very bad habit, around here.
    Last edited by glorob; 30th-September-2014, 22:33.

Comment

It's just become a slagging match between a few individuals. It is quite sad really, tell you what, close this thread. Bitch amongst yourselves girls. Goodnight
      www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

I am now very confused.

Comment

ok this is how it goes:

-lets have a rugby forum to discuss & debate and exchange views about (mostly) rugby - whoppee

-lets have free speech (within limits) cos we all think we like that sort of thing- yeah

- then lets just close every thread someone like Stevetelecom doesn't like........... - nay

- actually, that's not nearly democratic so lets close all threads that anyone doesn't like.....- nay

=> lets not have a chat forum at all.

So, will all those numpties who cannot stay out of threads that annoy them so intensely that they get overly personal and ruin the chat forum for everybody and ask for the thread to be shut down, kindly f off to china, russia or syria or some other bastion of controlled speech and give us all a break from the tyranny of (unnecessary) censorship.

p.s. btw I accept the need to prevent threads turning into personal slag fests, but surely this can be done in a more self policing way. e.g. 'too personal' or 'no thanks' rating button, for instance, similar to thanks button already in use

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
            This is a discussion forum. If some people are pissed off with Munster Rugby and their perceived focus on Limerick then they should be allowed voice their concerns on the forum even if it appears to some to be ad nauseam.
            I agree, in general.

If some do not like the topic they can simply ignore the debate and not engage in circular arguments that are going no place. This is the best way of letting a thread die.
            In theory, you are correct. But the urge to fight the "there's someone wrong on the internet" feeling is prevalent in most of us; we will reply, and perpetuate the damn thing.

Requesting that a thread be closed is very akin to saying I have had my say, I am right so we should now end the discussion.
            Disagree completely. Akin, in certain cases. I'm sure that I've suggested/recommended that certain threads be closed; it was never about having my say. More usually due to circular arguments descending into abusive posts, or Cork/Limerick or Leinster/Munster issues.

Moderators should only close threads with very good reason eg the thread has descended into a series of abusive or defamatory posts.
            Agree in general. But some threads (like this one) will always bring out the Limerick/Cork grenade throwers. Inevitable. I'll bet that if you listed the threads actually closed over, say, the last 12 months, you'd find a limited number of themes.

Unfortunately closing threads seems to be developing into a habit, a very bad habit, around here.
            I don't think so. Just because it may seem more frequent, it doesn't mean it's a very bad habit. Ultimately, this forum must remain bigger than any individual poster or thread.
            My comments are in red.

Personally I believe that Munster's performance on the pitch recently is leading to more frustration and flailing around on this forum. People are frustrated and angry, and looking for reasons to the problem, e.g. Cork/Limerick, slagging Leinster, etc., etc. But if the Munster team start to march again, this will distract the vexatious posters, if not the wummers, a bit.
            Last edited by blackwarrior; 7th-October-2014, 22:25.
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Why bump this crap thread now?
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                Precisely. (I refer you to my second comment!).
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I agree fully with Blackwarrior. The origional thread was degrading initially into circular arguements and then later to plain partisanship.
                  If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

If you don't like it then don't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                      If you don't like it then don't read it.
                      Did I say I didn't like it?
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Yes.

Comment

The original thread lost it's way ages ago. Although there has been lots added since I gave up reading it, I doubt very much has been added since I gave up on it. It's appears to be 2 camps peering over the trenches at each other throwing the odd salvo.

My concerns at the moment lie elsewhere, the date of the Clermont game being one for instance.
                          www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevetelcom2000 View Post
                            It's just become a slagging match between a few individuals. It is quite sad really, tell you what, close this thread. Bitch amongst yourselves girls. Goodnight
                            Why do you bother to contribute to the thread then?

Comment

Did I say I didn't like it?
                              I questioned the motivation of posters bumping a criple fight, I didn't say the cripple fight wasn't entertaining
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X