Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clermont Away

Sunday 14 December 16:15 (CET)

Looking at the pool the winner is probably going to be decided by who can get the better of Clermont, (if any of us can) making our back to back with them in December vital, and possibly where the group could be decide. A win could possibly put them out of the competition for their return trip to that place near Cork where we play our games.

Questions are being asked if they are a team on the start of a steep decline, they dont seem to have recruited to well over the summer either. By far the best away trip I ever made was to clermont, great city, massive atmosphere and would be a far better trip that Sale or Sarries.

SO. whos going, and more importantly how are they going?
    Last edited by lawrence; 11th-October-2014, 08:11.

Difficult place to get to.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Yea, sure is, but worth the effort the last time...

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
        Looking at the pool the winner is probably going to be decided by who can get the better of Clermont, (if any of us can) making our back to back with them in December vital, and possibly where the group could be decided. As we are over there first a win could possibly put them out of the competition for their return trip to that place near Cork where we play our games.

Questions are being asked if they are a team on the start of a steep decline, they dont seem to have recruited to well over the summer either. By far the best away trip I ever made was to clermont, great city, massive atmosphere and would be a far better trip that Sale or Sarries.

I will probably go. Train to Dublin, ferry to Holyhead and various trains for the rest of the journey.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
          I will probably go. Train to Dublin, ferry to Holyhead and various trains for the rest of the journey.
          Someone is going to start talking about wine and cheese hampers now.

Comment

Looking at the pool the winner is probably going to be decided by who can get the better of Clermont, (if any of us can) making our back to back with them in December vital, and possibly where the group could be decided. As we are over there first a win could possibly put them out of the competition for their return trip to that place near Cork where we play our games.

If we had a good idea of the date, it would make life a lot easier. For example, how likely is it on past history that the game would be on a Friday?

Then again, in the Sooper Cup, past history and logic may not be much of a guide.

Aer Lingus Dublin Geneva plus a 3-4 hour drive is a possibility.

Comment

Someone is going to start talking about wine and cheese hampers now.
              It will be quite near to Christmas so we would want to be doing a bit better than cheese and wine.

Comment

I have booked a room at Suite Novotel, close to the stadium.

Comment

I've been over twice with Leinster and would strongly encourage any of you who are thinking about doing it to go. Beautiful town and the locals are very friendly and welcoming. I flew to Paris and got the train from Bercy to Clermont Ferrand (approx 3 hours) the first time and flew to Lyon, spent a few nights there, and took the train to CF (approx 2 1/2 hours). Both fairly managable but the 2nd way, if at all possible, is well worth doing. For hotels etc I stayed in the Kyriad Centre http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/hote...king_confemail . Good location near enough the main square where you'd get the tram to SMM.

Hope some of that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by frombrittany View Post
                    I have booked a room at Suite Novotel, close to the stadium.
                    Leg us know afterwards if Muqtar the night porter has learnt how to tap a keg yet.

because, I guarantee you, the bar will run out of draught.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddytheman View Post
                      Leg us know afterwards if Muqtar the night porter has learnt how to tap a keg yet.

because, I guarantee you, the bar will run out of draught.

Then then the yellow stuff came out.

Comment

An option that might suit some people

Fri
                        Cork - Stn - Limoges

Monday
                        Limoges - Stn - cork

About €140 for the flights, and 2.5 hours drive to Clermont from Limoges.

all ryanair

Comment

Hope to get a good group going...outlaws are from near there so will meet local group for a bit of banter.

Was there for Oyonnax game at Xmas, they have a good time there.

Cork-Paris Fri-Sun or Mon is €115 and have organised 52 seater in the past...about 4hrs.

Comment

Just suggested the trip to Mrs PP, not entirely negative response. Before I go to war, will it be possible to get tickets via Munster's allocation?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                              Just suggested the trip to Mrs PP, not entirely negative response. Before I go to war, will it be possible to get tickets via Munster's allocation?
                              any definitive answer on that will be dependent on ST type - smaller guaranteed % leads to less clear picture. Michelin isn't huge. Previously had no problem buying and collecting from France.
                              Id book it and take the risk - excellent destination

Comment

Working...
                              X