ERC Cup -Saracens fixture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERC Cup -Saracens fixture

I'm probably a bit early with this one but I can smell rugby season & I'm getting exited,& prepared! .....

Those who have been to Sarries fixtures before, where would ye recommend for accommodation? looking at Hendon, Brent Cross, Golders Green,Edgeware....

Originally posted by stickitupyourjumper View Post
    I'm probably a bit early with this one but I can smell rugby season & I'm getting exited,& prepared! .....

Those who have been to Sarries fixtures before, where would ye recommend for accommodation? looking at Hendon, Brent Cross, Golders Green,Edgeware....
    For that particular game, I'd recommend, Limerick, Cork, Tipp, Clare, Kerry or Waterford.. Even Australia as opposed to anywhere near Sarries.

Comment

Originally posted by Burgers View Post
      For that particular game, I'd recommend, Limerick, Cork, Tipp, Clare, Kerry or Waterford.. Even Australia as opposed to anywhere near Sarries.
      I would second that !

Comment

Buy your ticket and give it to a tramp.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
          Buy your ticket and give it to a tramp.
          I couldn't put a tramp through that level of torture.

Comment

I agree the last trip to Saracens was dreadful-unsporting lot to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            However whats more important ? Surely supporting our team and there's only way to shut up Sarries and that is to beat them over there
            Kilcoyne was missed badly that day but we have 2 great players in that position now - himself and CRonin

Comment

Originally posted by stickitupyourjumper View Post

I lived in the general area for a good number of years, but it was a good number of years ago.

Hendon and GG are quite Jewish and will have little or no nightlife on the Saturday. Brent Cross is a shopping centre.

I would stay in either North Finchley or High Barnet.

NF would be my choice. It's on the Northern Line and has good bus routes. Plenty of restaurants and bars, the best of which is The Elephant, a Fullers pub. It also has a big Wetherspoons, The Tally Ho.
              Finchley RFC are on Summers Lane and are very welcoming with a strong Irish connection and regular visitors to NCW in Limerick.
              A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

There isn't much going on around or near the ground. A better option may be to locate yourself close to one of the more central Stations you can get to the ground from:

This is taken from their website: TRAVEL TO ALLIANZ PARK

MAINLINE RAIL
                FROM PADDINGTON

Visiting Supporters from the west are likely to arrive at Paddington and then make their way to Allianz Park at Copthall via the London Underground tube network or Thames link rail networkFrom Paddington take the Bakerloo line to Baker Street change onto the Jubilee Line to West Hampstead, exit and cross over the road to the Thames link station, and then take the train to Mill Hill Broadway. Once you arrive at Mill Hill Broadway station you will be able to either take the 221 bus to Allianz Park (Copthall), there is a bus stop in Pursely Street close to the entrance to the playing fields then a 5 minute walk to the stadium or catch the Saracens shuttle bus which will be on a loop between the Mill Hill Broadway station, Mill Hill East station and Allianz ParkCheck the Saracens website for further details of the shuttle bus.

FROM KINGS CROSS/ST PANCRAS

Visitors by train from the midlands will in the main arrive into Kings Cross/St Pancras. The tube or Thames link journey is pretty straightforward. You can either take the northern line (Barnet line, look out for the Mill East spur at Finchley.) Please note that there is limited parking in the station car park and be picked up by one of the Saracens shuttle buses from the station forecourt at Mill Hill East) or travel via Thames link towards Luton and Bedford and get off at Mill Hill Broadway, .See bus options as above.The Thames link timetable is available on the First capital Connect site.www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk

We will more then likely stop near St Pancras. Have stopped there before getting early morning Eurostar. Plenty of Premier Inns in the area. At least 2 on Euston Rd with a lot of cheaper smaller digs on its side streets. Rakes of pubs in the area; O'neil's and the Euston Flyer off the top of my head for a start. The area has benefitted from the regeneration in the 90's from the Eurostar hub. That being said 'it's still Central London.'
                www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Most important of all: not one red cent to be spent where they can get a take of the proceeds.

Hip flasks and ham sangidges FTW.
                  Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

As someone living in London, I won't spend a penny on Saffacens, I'm loathed to spend a penny digging PRL out of the hole they are in as it is with this bastardised cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                      Most important of all: not one red cent to be spent where they can get a take of the proceeds.

Hip flasks and ham sangidges FTW.
                      That is a good compromise.

Comment

We've received in lots of interest from this fixture at home already, so have issued the below advice to date. We are working with a local rugby club to cater for Munster fans in the area on the day, but our main events that weekend will be in central London.

The London Branch have put together a handy guide to visiting London and getting to the Saracens game in Allianz Park.
                        http://www.mrsc.ie/news/18892.php

This information has been split into 3 sections:

Travel options from Central London to Allianz Park
                        Arriving in London
                        Accommodation in London

Firstly, the Branch would like to say they are really looking forward to welcoming everyone back to the London area for the game in January. They are already busy planning some exciting events for that weekend for travelling Munster fans to be announced closer to the game. The main central base will be Rudds bar, 148 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4BY (beside Blackfriars rail/tube station) which will act as the centre of the weekends activities. Allianz Park is poorly situated for planning anything significant locally, but there are talks in place with a local rugby club to use their facilities for fans in the area on the day.

Travel options from Central London to Allianz Park

There are two viable public transport options to get to Watford from London:
                        1: By Train (Over Ground).
                        Mill Hill Broadway, on the Thameslink, is the nearest overground station. It's about 1.6 miles, so 30 minutes' walk or a 10 minute taxi journey from Allianz Park.
                        2: By Tube (Underground)
                        Mill Hill East tube station on the Northern Line provides an alternative and is also a 30 minute walk or 10 minute taxi journey to Allianz Park.
                        *At the moment there is no planned engineering works affecting any of the above for the weekend. Updated information will be provided closer to the time.
                        **Saracens often run buses on match days from both stations but we have no details for the Munster game yet.
                        *** To plan your journey to Allianz Park from anywhere in London, go to www.tfl.gov.uk and select your travel points within the Journey Planner.

Arriving in London

London now has 6 airports: City, Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton, Stansted and the newly opened Southend. All have rail and bus connections to central London. As a rule of thumb, it probably takes about 1 hour by rail back into central London from all the airports, apart from City, which is located centrally. You can also add about 30 minutes to get from your plane to the relevant train platform. Please note any arrivals from Ireland should keep hold of boarding passes for inspection to allow fast tracking past UK immigration. If you do not have this, you will have to clear normal immigration which can sometimes be one to two hours during busy periods.
                        There are normally discounts available via your airline or online for pre-purchasing rail tickets.
                        Pre- booked taxi hire often works out much cheaper than rail or bus tickets if traveling in a group of three or more. Please note this does not include just hailing the regular black cabs. Black taxis are expensive and uncomfortable for airport trips and indeed any trip over 15 minutes long while in London will be cheaper in a pre-boked cab. Pre-paid companies charge fixed fares and use good quality vehicles.

Accommodation in London

Members are advised to stay centrally in London Zone 1 or 2 (tube zones) and within 5 minutes' walk of a tube station. You should then be within 30-40 minutes max of anywhere you could want to go to London.
                        For good value on a weekend, try looking at options in the "city". The "city" (the financial part of London as opposed to the city centre) is quieter on the weekends with the offices closed and hence hotels can be cheaper. Depending on your budget the Grange hotels at St Pauls, Tower Hill, and at the city often offer good value on the weekends (higher end hotels). You can also try the new Double Tree by Hilton hotel in Tower Hill, or the Novotels in Tower Hill or Southwark Bridge Road. The Hilton at London Bridge also does good deals from time to time. With all of these you are 5 minutes' walk to the nearest tubes. They are all also within 10 minutes of Rudds, the main central London base for Munster exiles.

Travel Zoo (http://www.travelzoo.com/uk/hotels/london/) is a good website for keeping up to date on special hotel offers in London and is updated quite often.

Comment

Good. Look after a club, fine, just not those ****s.

Gott straf Nigels!

Comment

Will this game go to Twickers/Wembley ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Will this game go to Twickers/Wembley ?
                              No. That's been settled.

Comment

Working...
                              X