Help needed in Marseille for a Munsterfan Sorted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed in Marseille for a Munsterfan Sorted

Just had a message from the wife of one of the posters on here - Markcaver (he's the dad of Ruairi who's famous after the Lost Ball thread).

Mark got hit by the ball that Jonny Wilkinson kicked out of play to end the match.

He's ok, but is in hospital and it's looking likely that he's dislocated his finger.

He is though still hoping to make his flight home tonight. The only worry he's got is that he's on his own with little Ruairi (who's about 7 by now) and he's on morphine and so is looking for somebody that could watch out for them both in the airport & on the plane home tonight in case he feels a bit spaced out from it all.

They're booked on the 11.55 (local time) flight with Aer Lingus from Marseille back to Dublin TONIGHT

Munsterfans, do what you do best - get this message out to those travelling on that flight please!

Diolch!
    "The trouble with resisting temptation is that you may not get another chance"
    Edwin Chapin (1857 - 1942)

I don't doubt for a moment that this request will have a satisfactory outcome. Good luck to Mark and RuairĂ­.

Comment

All sorted - a cousin of a poster is on the same flight.

Yet another reason to add to the never ending list as to why I support Munster.

Diolch!

Mods - any chance someone could edit the title of the thread so that it says 'Sorted' after it?
      "The trouble with resisting temptation is that you may not get another chance"
      Edwin Chapin (1857 - 1942)

Comment

thanks everyone (wipes tears)

Comment

That's why Munster are special. All for one! That cheered me up immensely after foolishly reading RTE tweets.
          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Good to read that this has been sorted. Thanks Sain24
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Sian24 View Post
              All sorted - a cousin of a poster is on the same flight.

Yet another reason to add to the never ending list as to why I support Munster.

Diolch!

Mods - any chance someone could edit the title of the thread so that it says 'Sorted' after it?
              Sorted in 20 minutes!
              Why am I not surprised.
              Between this and all those pitching in to help Pixie and other wayward travellers - I'm feeling like MOS after a half bottle of Jameson.
              "There are a lot of other key decision makers who must agree with your plan."
              Johan Erasmus

Comment

I don't know why this makes me tear up.
                The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

markcaver safely thru securityat airport and with the brethren. cant thank Sian enough

Comment

Safe journey home to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsmarkcaver! View Post
                      markcaver safely thru securityat airport and with the brethren. cant thank Sian enough
                      Is it too soon to start slagging him for (presumably) knocking the ball forward? 😱

Comment

Originally posted by Kavy View Post
                        Is it too soon to start slagging him for (presumably) knocking the ball forward? 😱
                        But will Wilkinson be cited for reckless play?
                        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                          But will Wilkinson be cited for reckless play?
                          Jonny will probably post him a signed ball with an apology for busting the mans finger. He's that type of talisman for the sport.
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Hope the finger is better soon! I remember years ago being hit on the poll by a ball kicked out when we were in the terraces at a Gloucester v Munster game (the reverse fixture before the "Miracle Match"). Never saw it coming - woke me up big time!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsmarkcaver! View Post
                              thanks everyone (wipes tears)
                              Ruairi had a great day, got him down at the game to Oscar

Comment

Working...
                              X