Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming to Ireland! Will catch the May 10th game...(Advice thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pleased to say that finally, I am able to plan a trip to Ireland.

It will be the Partner and I’s first, and given her and I’s schedules, the only time we could swing it to coincide with Munster’s home fixtures is the game May 10th against Ulster.

Added to this is that the Giro d’Italia rumbles through to Dublin the next day, and I have two bucket list sports events crossed off, in a country we both have wanted to visit our whole lives.

I imagine I will have heaps of questions, but I guess the first is, where should we sit in the stands?

Thanks all.

Hi Cali,
    In answer to your question, stand don't sit. Try the east terrace for the authentic experience... Other terraces may disagree with me
    Offside Ref! He's being doing it all day

Comment

Yes. East terrace or West terrace. East is the side the teams are based / come out of the tunnel. West is the side the club bars are on outside the stadium. To get a prime spot on a terrace like centre and front row or something to lean on, you should be in place an hour before kick off. The trade off with a seat in the stands is that while you're not in the middle of the action and within earshot of the pitch, your seat is reserved and you can stroll in a bit later and sit down. Since the new stadium has been built, I'm a West terrace resident. East is grand, just further from the club bars.
      Last edited by No. 16; 2nd-March-2014, 08:56.

Comment

1st things first, get a ticket! It's an interprovincial derby so could well be a sellout.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Ticketmaster.ie will have them up soon, even if you miss them there will be no shortage outside the ground
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Seems to be plenty now.
            http://www.ticketmaster.ie/rabodirec...0004&minorcati

Comment

Wear RED!!!!
              Mumha Abu

Comment

Stand or Terrace. Pick the east side, it's better for both
                The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Welcome to Ireland, post any questions/requests you might have, this is a great community forum.

Wrt to the game, East terrace gets the thumbs up from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Calirugby View Post
                    I am pleased to say that finally, I am able to plan a trip to Ireland.

It will be the Partner and I’s first, and given her and I’s schedules, the only time we could swing it to coincide with Munster’s home fixtures is the game May 10th against Ulster.

Added to this is that the Giro d’Italia rumbles through to Dublin the next day, and I have two bucket list sports events crossed off, in a country we both have wanted to visit our whole lives.

I imagine I will have heaps of questions, but I guess the first is, where should we sit in the stands?

Thanks all.
                    And don't forget to bring a bottle of brandy hidden under your coat. Tradition dictates you celebrate your first Munster match by offering a snifter to all your new found friends around you.

Comment

It's usually feckin freezing in Thomond park, unlike Musgrave Park in tropical Cork. So wear an extra layer or two, and as Point suggested some brandy or whisky to keep yourself and fellow supporters warm is always a great gesture.
                      Last edited by Stringer9; 2nd-March-2014, 18:19.
                      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                        Stand or Terrace. Pick the east side, it's better for both
                        Me bollix, when it rains, it's the east that gets the worst of it.

Comment

Never got wet on the east, been soaked on the west
                          The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                            Never got wet on the east, been soaked on the west
                            Bull****

Comment

TP is not California. Expect to get wet and cold and make sure all your layers are red. And prepare to be LOUD as our northern cousins will need some quieting (they are very noisy).

Also, book accommodation as the Ulster contingent will likely stay down in Limerick for the night.
                              "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Working...
                              X