Grazie Zebre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grazie Zebre

It has been a year that has seen much bad mouthing by the English media (though not by the English fans) of the current Heineken Cup and specific bad mouthing of the weaker teams e.g. Connacht and Zebre with the distinct possiblity that any revised qualification rules for Euro competition will mean their absence in future years.

Connacht of course pulled off what has to be the biggest ever (and likely to remain so?) upset in the history of Euro club competition but a big, big thank you to Zebre for giving it their all and holding out as Toulouse went looking for 4 tries, 4 tries that most people (including me) thought were inevitable and for giving Munster the chance of a home quarter - a chance gratefully seized.

A brilliant gutsy performance by Zebre - and if it is their European swansong- then a great note of defiance to bow out on.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

It's a pity PRL have set off a chain-reaction which is going to end in their demise. They were becoming an okay side. If the experiment in the Pro12 had another couple of years, there could well have been some good results.

Comment

Didn't they beat Treviso over Xmas? Their first win. Treviso have pulled off some big wins in the HEC too (Perpignan? Biarritz? I think in the last couple of years?)

The Ireland rugby team took seven years to win a game.

As Henry F said, it's a pity the PRL have done what they've done.
      Marty in the Morning

Comment

Think they beat one of the Welsh sides in Wales as well.
        EDIT yep, Cardiff on 20 September, 25-30. and a 16-16 draw with Scarlets on 25 October. Plus they only lost in Edinburgh 25-23.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Did you read Hook in todays Indo, going on about conspiracy theories becauseToulouse got beaten by Connacht and could not get a bonus point on Saturday! Does he really get paid for producing that s...e. The Indo must be desperate to fill their paper!

Comment

Originally posted by woodlawn1 View Post
            Did you read Hook in todays Indo, going on about conspiracy theories becauseToulouse got beaten by Connacht and could not get a bonus point on Saturday! Does he really get paid for producing that s...e. The Indo must be desperate to fill their paper!
            Don't mind that ****e Hook is like Shane Byrne with regard to researching his articles. He wouldn't have a clue that Toulouse have lost all their domestic away matches this season so the fact that Zebre put it up to them would not be on his radar.
            Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Deadly Dudley cost them the game, that and Orquera's boot.

( didn't seem the game but 2ycs inn2 min fits DD's MO)
              The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

They should get a rousing reception when they turn up at Musgrave on the 15th February.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                  They should get a rousing reception when they turn up at Musgrave on the 15th February.
                  No they should not. They played well against Toulouse for themselves ,not because they wanted to help Munster.

Comment

Originally posted by munstermog View Post
                    Don't mind that ****e Hook is like Shane Byrne with regard to researching his articles. He wouldn't have a clue that Toulouse have lost all their domestic away matches this season so the fact that Zebre put it up to them would not be on his radar.
                    My favourite Hook moment of ineptitude was when he wrote a long, rambling intro about World War 1 for one of his articles about how Wally wasn't a true openside or something, only for it to be discovered he'd copied the whole thing from wikipedia. And to think there are real, non-incompetent people out there looking for jobs.

Comment

Many such folk are also competent, I'd imagine.
                      If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by NiallGK View Post
                        Many such folk are also competent, I'd imagine.
                        I wouldn't not imagine it

Comment

Working...
                        X