Where to watch Gloucester v Munster in Budapest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to watch Gloucester v Munster in Budapest

I will be enjoying a city break in Budapest on Saturday 11th Jan. Has anyone any recommendation on a good spot to watch the Munster match? All advice much appreciated.
    \"Whoso would be a man, must be a non-conformist, and preferably play in the pack.\" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Been a while since I've been in Budapest but there were about a half dozen Irish pubs there when I was there last, so one of them is bound to be showing it (a quick google should throw them up), the big problem is if there's a clash with a soccer game - then most of the ex-pat pubs tend to show roundy ball by default in this part of the world.
    If you're really stuck there's a small Irish bar in Bratislava called 'Uisce Beatha' that will definitely be showing it - it's about 3 hours by train or car though, so mightn't be worth it for a city break. Worst comes to worst you could always find somewhere with wifi and watch it on one of the live streams - there's usually a good link posted here on match day and if bandwidth is an issue you can usually find a link on cricfree.tv
    Dublin Northeast FF free since Feb 27th 2011

Comment

The Caledonia near Oktagon is almost a rugby pub, or there's Jack Doyle's down by the river - they usually have one screen showing football and one for rugby. There's a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/21515373389/, though they don't seem to have been very active recently.

Comment

Thanks guys - advice is much appreciated. I'll report back after the fact.
        \"Whoso would be a man, must be a non-conformist, and preferably play in the pack.\" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

If Munsterfans knew as much about rugby as we do about the worlds pubs!
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

@Travellingkitty:I was in Budapest myself in October.We watched the Munster V Gloucester in Jack Doyle's.Nice pub and owned by a Tipperary man.Would recommend it

Comment

Hi folks I'm away in Westendorf Austria this weekend and I'd be delighted if anyone has any info on where to watch the Gloucester Match Saturday, many thanks!!!
              Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

Comment

@ Trixie , your only 100% chance to see the game is to get a train to Munich and go to Molly Malones in Steinstrasse or Killians at Domplatz. There are Irish/english bars in Kitzbuhel ,Soll and Innsbruck but as the game starts at Apres Ski O#clock I don't think they'd be showing it even if they had Skysports ! Met some Irish lads last year in Molleys who came up from Soll to watch the 6N ! Train should cost about 22€ If your in a group look for Bayernticket from Kufstein, (22 for the first person 4 € each for the rest!)

Comment

The joys of travel.
                  I once had to rise early for to leave behind fair Sverige by ferry for the Danish capital all in order for to witness the birth of BOD in Paris.
                  Them were the days.
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Anywhere to watch game in Barcelona?

Will be in Barca any Munster pub around

Comment

@ ADP have often watched rugby in The Michael Collins, Plaza Sagrada Familia, 4, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
                      +34 934 59 19 64 ‎, opposite the Gaudi Cathedral

Comment

thanks

Comment

Sorry Just Saw this

Sorry I know its too late now but Becketts is the main Irish bar and shows games. Its right in the centre about 200 yards from Nyaguti station/tram stop. Jack Doyles is another good hostelry. A lot of Irish study in Budapest (I am therte right now) and frequent Becketts.
                          BELIEVE. Why do all Munster players go to English publishing houses for their books except Alan Quinlan

Comment

Working...
                          X