Pin badge query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pin badge query

Anyone know if it's ok to bring a Munster hat with over 20 pin badges on it as part as your hand luggage on a flight going from Dublin - Bristol returning Bristol - Cork.

Has cost a fair bit of dosh and would be gutted if it was confiscated in customs, has never been an issue before but with increased security could it be a problem?
    \"There\'s only 1 Dougie Howlett, only 1 Dougie Howlett, drinking in bars, dancing on cars, walking in a Dougie wonderland!!!\"

Originally posted by Tullig Red

Anyone know if it's ok to bring a Munster hat with over 20 pin badges on it as part as your hand luggage on a flight going from Dublin - Bristol returning Bristol - Cork.

Has cost a fair bit of dosh and would be gutted if it was confiscated in customs, has never been an issue before but with increased security could it be a problem?
    Logic would say no problem, but you just might get the wrong fella on the wrong day and your screwed ... They do say if in doubt leave it behind ..

Saying that, I was in gatwick last month and a fella brought 2 picture frames as carry on with no problem as long it went through the xray,

I'll open up a book on it,
    Hat to get through ... 4-6
    Hat to be confiscated ... evs
    Hat to be lost before getting to security due to alcohol related issues ... 1-15

Comment

Yes it is ok but do remember to put it through the scanner and not walk through the Xray machine with it on your head

At least it was ok for the Cardiff game in both Shannon and Bristol

Comment

I'll open up a book on it,
        Hat to get through ... 4-6
        Hat to be confiscated ... evs
        Hat to be lost before getting to security due to alcohol related issues ... 1-15

[/QUOTE]

As I'm flying out @ 9.30am would be doing well to lose it due to alcohol! Will place it carefully towards the bottom of my bag and pray for the best, what happens if it is confiscated can you pay for them to post it to your home address??
        \"There\'s only 1 Dougie Howlett, only 1 Dougie Howlett, drinking in bars, dancing on cars, walking in a Dougie wonderland!!!\"

Comment

Try calling the airports and asking?
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Take a stamped, self-addressed envelope with you, big enough for the hat to go in. Then if it's a security problem, post it home.

Shouldn't be a problem though, surely the pins aren't usually long enough to pose a threat.
            Hope Not Hate

Comment

Working...
            X