Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the frig are setanta sports

Not showing the match on saturday.

I can't understand it either - both sides are usually a big draw. I will just have to pay closer attention to the game. I will miss the ritual review when I get home though
    Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Being in london I have no options at all...

very very annoying. Im sure the boys over in wales are unhappy as well...

Comment

because setanta = satan
        Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

I signed up to Sky and Setanta sports laregel on the promise of being able to watch Munster play in the Magners League this season. The gap between games in Musgrave is massive (next game some time in March!)....however I'm starting to regret signing up......the coverage isn't great to be honest. They're more inclined to repeat shows from NASN then cover more Rugby matches....

Comment

the ridiculous part is that this weekend the munster v ospreys match is the only magners league game scheduled, yet they still aren't showing it [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
            Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

If the Munsterteam and the brains trust don't take the Magners League seriously, then why should Setanta?
              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

When Setanta didn't show (or cover at all, no try highlights even) the Leinster Glasgow game in similar circumstances, I rang them to enquire why. The reason was that Setanta don't maintain any OB units, they contract out from BBC and RTE. That weekend, all those units were unavailable as they were tied up with the SA test match. The situation this weekend is almost identical, with a test match the following day, and I would presume the absence of coverage is for the same reason.

Comment

cowboys ...

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass
                    cowboys ...
                    to be fair to them, they aren't really unusual in that. It was only when they decided to ditch analogue two years in advance of everyone else, that Sky invested in OB equipment. Until then all their pictures were provided by BBC CS. Thats only about 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

If the Munsterteam and the brains trust don't take the Magners League seriously, then why should Setanta?
                      WUM

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

ukjim - I think the philosophical and somewhat rhetorical title of your thread in itself answers the question it poses. Why the frig are setanta sports ?

Comment

I think Setanta have a crap services. Loads of NASA, f all rugby. I though that they showed a decent bit of french top 16 as well as ML, but for the amount of actually rugby I get to see on it I don't think it is worth it.

Comment

If Sky had the rights to the ML then they would show Munster live 5-6 times at most in it per year, certainly they only show one game per weekend normally from the GP. Setanta show 60 live games of ML, Munster will be shown live roughly 14-15 times, and extended highlights shown for most of the non live games. Setanta show at least one live French league game, with about 2 games being shown per weekend. Sky's pictures etc. are better.

I'm thinking about getting rid of Sky Sports, I'm sick of the soccer, and can either go to a HEC game, or watch the HEC games live in the pub, beyond that the GP is rubbish normally to watch. Setanta will have golf and more soccer from next year.

Comment

pack of w**kers, that F**ks my Saturday night viewing

Comment

Working...
                              X