The Ticket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james_a View Post
    Mod Edit - Afraid the only Ebay auctions we carry links to are those with "Buy It Now" at face value.
    I have a feeling those tickets will attract phantom bids .....
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
      Your sums are not too good. If there was a 60% take up in the sale to combined season ticket holders and a 60% entry into the lottery for the remaining tickets then the entrants into the lottery would have a slightly better than 1 in 5 chance of winning.
      Yes, assuming 60% of the Combined ticket holders buy a ticket, there would be 669 tickets left. Assuming 60% of those eligible entered the lottery, that would be 3174 entering the lottery. Odds of 4.7 to one.

If all Combined ticket holders bought a ticket there would be 376 tickets left and if all 5290 who are eligible entered the lottery, the odds would be 14 to one.

Comment

Well now the the wait is on to see who gets the golden tickets fingers and toes crossed good luck to everybody
        I formed a new group called Alcoholics-Unanimous. If you don\'t feel like a drink, you ring another member and he comes over to persuade you.
        Richard Harris

Comment

http://www.quins.co.uk/news/6940.php
          Ah well. I'll not be getting one from Quins anyway.
          I've a friend who works at the Stoop and his missus plays for Quins ladies and they can't even get a ticket.
          That leaves me with a mate who works at Sky or failing that - ebay.
          I'm getting twitchy that I'm going to miss this one.
          english by birth

Comment

Originally posted by howbad View Post
            Well now the the wait is on to see who gets the golden tickets fingers and toes crossed good luck to everybody
            When should we know?
            Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by munster by marriage View Post
              http://www.quins.co.uk/news/6940.php
              Ah well. I'll not be getting one from Quins anyway.
              I've a friend who works at the Stoop and his missus plays for Quins ladies and they can't even get a ticket.
              That leaves me with a mate who works at Sky or failing that - ebay.
              I'm getting twitchy that I'm going to miss this one.
              You're right to be twitchy, I think. Feck all emanating from any channels in London.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                When should we know?
                You not get the email then?

Comment

Is there a park within earshot of the stoop where there could be big screens set up? Probably a crazy suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                    Is there a park within earshot of the stoop where there could be big screens set up? Probably a crazy suggestion.
                    If you can't see the game live a big screen, good company and great beer is all that's needed. Doesn't really matter where it is either, provided transport links make the place accessable.

p.s. A decent kebab shop nearby is always a bonus :D
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                      If you can't see the game live a big screen, good company and great beer is all that's needed. Doesn't really matter where it is either, provided transport links make the place accessable.

p.s. A decent kebab shop nearby is always a bonus :D
                      My thinking, far fetched as it is, would be get a big crowd watching on big screens making a noise that could be heard inside the stadium. Imagine more Munsterfans than the Stadium holds, outside roaring plus the couple of thousand inside. Anyway, even if it was possible it is too late in the day to organise now.

Comment

What about a park venue, giant screen, and a bag of cans? :D

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                          What about a park venue, giant screen, and a bag of cans? :D
                          Ask for a loan of Mount Murray? :o Tennis wont be on for months and months
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            Ask for a loan of Mount Murray? :o Tennis wont be on for months and months
                            That'd be hilarious.

Comment

Oddly, I can't think of many big screen venues around Twickenham. The pubs aren't massive, on the whole. Tough call to make on a venue when they won't be certain how many are travelling without tickets, and the ticket allocation is small enough.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                                Oddly, I can't think of many big screen venues around Twickenham. The pubs aren't massive, on the whole. Tough call to make on a venue when they won't be certain how many are travelling without tickets, and the ticket allocation is small enough.
                                Central London must be a decent option? Depends on numbers obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X