The Ticket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
    Probably have a better chance of winning the lotto than winning a ticket in the lottery.
    In the Lotto it's a 1 in 8,145,060 chance for each line so 4,072,530 for a ticket with the minimum of 2 lines

There are 1259 tickets allocated to the MRSC, 983 members can buy 1 ticket if they wish, would reckon there'd be a possible 60% take up, leaving 350 odd tickets between 5290 Single venue ticket holders, again assuming not all will enter, you'll still have a better chance than the Lotto. 1 in 10 chance? PK will give you the exact numbers

Comment

Anyone have any ideas what likelihood there will be of picking up two tickets for the Leinster game in April?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        Anyone have any ideas what likelihood there will be of picking up two tickets for the Leinster game in April?
        if your a member...on sale on MRSC at moment. ticketmaster must expect to have some as they a page up about it...
        http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180...minorcatid=225

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
          In the Lotto it's a 1 in 8,145,060 chance for each line so 4,072,530 for a ticket with the minimum of 2 lines

There are 1259 tickets allocated to the MRSC, 983 members can buy 1 ticket if they wish, would reckon there'd be a possible 60% take up, leaving 350 odd tickets between 5290 Single venue ticket holders, again assuming not all will enter, you'll still have a better chance than the Lotto. 1 in 10 chance? PK will give you the exact numbers
          Your sums are not too good. If there was a 60% take up in the sale to combined season ticket holders and a 60% entry into the lottery for the remaining tickets then the entrants into the lottery would have a slightly better than 1 in 5 chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
            Your sums are not too good. If there was a 60% take up in the sale to combined season ticket holders and a 60% entry into the lottery for the remaining tickets then the entrants into the lottery would have a slightly better than 1 in 5 chance of winning.
            Good to see you are feeling better :D
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by oilean View Post
              What about starting a ticket list ?
              There's still a fair few people who don't know if they're getting tickets from the lottery or from clubs. Launching a ticket thread in advance of that is a bit of an administrative chore - lots of people registering, no one really clear that they have spares, people being sorted and not taking themselves off the list etc etc.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                Null points for Balla Boy.
                My indiscriminate deleting stick wreaks large scale collateral damage.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Mod Edit - Afraid the only Ebay auctions we carry links to are those with "Buy It Now" at face value.

Comment

my mistake, not my tickets in case anyone is wondering, don't PM me!
                    Last edited by james_a; 20th-February-2013, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by james_a View Post
                      Mod Edit - Afraid the only Ebay auctions we carry links to are those with "Buy It Now" at face value.

By the way, did you manage to get those signed shirts you were after?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                        By the way, did you manage to get those signed shirts you were after?
                        picked up a few to add to the collection, squad signed 02, 06, 08, match worn early 90's, match worn H Cup Murray squad signed, to go with the squad signed 78, but that's for another thread!

Comment

picked up a few to add to the collection, squad signed 02, 06, 08, match worn early 90's, match worn H Cup Murray squad signed, to go with the squad signed 78, but that's for another thread!
                          No early 80s ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                            No early 80s ?
                            it's a late 90's carlsberg sponsored one I need next... I'll worry about the early 80's later :D

Comment

it's a late 90's carlsberg sponsored one I need next... I'll worry about the early 80's later :D
                              Carling you mean. Just got one done for bar

Comment

carling, my mistake. got one done as in framed is it? any more knocking around?

Comment

Working...
                                X