The Ticket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by untilyouhearthatbell View Post
    I don't know how MRSC works or whether its independent of Munster Rugby or not, but a simple method of allowing MRSC members the option to buy 1 ticket each up to a certain date and then releasing the remainder seems fairest to me. (probably because of my situation to be honest).

Not every supporter has access to a club for a ticket, especially as they are so hard to come by for this game.
    I wouldn't have an issue with the club method if they weren't lumping on so much extra.

Whatever the rationale for clubs charging extra are, €100 for a stand ticket is taking the p!ss IMHO, and I don't think there is really an excuse for it.
    On MRSC and public sale. I think they do put any on public sale if there's a surplus. It's justb rare there are surplus and all we can only buy was 1 ticket per member.

I think regards the levy issue maybe there should be a limit on the amount

Comment

Originally posted by untilyouhearthatbell View Post
      I'm not suggesting that all tickets should have gone on public sale. MRSC should have first access, then toulouse get their 25%. The remainder should have gone on public sale.

I'm not an MRSC member but have bought tickets to every single game in Thomond Park this season bar one via ticketmaster, and was also at the ERCC game vs Glasgow in Scotstoun.
      That's just the way I get my tickets, but now we've had to pay €280 for 4 East Terrace tickets due to the mark up by clubs (not touts!!)
      Just doesn't seem fair to me.

I'll be joining MRSC for next season
      I am the exact same as you, and I think I live near you. I walk to TP to buy tickets on a game by game basis - I am a student so can't afford to shell out for a ST months in advance (nor did I see a need to 6 months ago).

I haven't missed a home European cup game in over 10 years I would say, and was at all 3 this season so far. I ask the question, why am I no longer entitled to a ticket? Who is using my ticket for the quarter final and why were they not at the group games? Everytime I buy a ticket they ask my name and address so they know my history (loyalty).

I expect to get a ticket to this game, and I feel I deserve one too - but that's not the point, the suits are getting sorted as per usual.

SUAF.

Comment

Hi lads,

I've only just joined. I've always liked coming on here and reading other Munster fans views and conversations and I felt that now was the time t join the convo.

Like most lads on here I'm currently without a ticket for the 1/4 final and I'm feeling very frustrated and pissed off by the whole situation. Pissed off because the tickets for the pool stages were so easy to come by and now all of a sudden we have ''fans'' coming out from under the sale rack in Brown Thomas and from behind their office desks to go to this game while people like myself my brother and my father will probably have to miss out. I've been at 7 games this season including both away games to Racing and Leicester. I love following Munster and have been all over Europe in the past to follow them.

I'm not a member of the supporters club because I never have been. I've always been fortunate enough to get tickets but I can't help but feel that my luck is just about to run out. I know in y heart and soul that there will be people at this game who will be there for the social scene only!! I know it and ye know it!

Hopefully I'll pick something but at the moment it's looking very grim.

Comment

Just on this I know we are on about Clubs or MRSC but neither got increase on their allocation. It's more down to Toulouse are entitled to a larger allocation than pool game and Redman I agree with views on corporate but to be fair this year we've had large attendances for all European games and that was with 90% allocation. We've less now.

I do expect tickets will surface though. Don't know story with Toulouse returns. But I agree what does drive me nuts is at times seeing a fella get a ticket who is just a casual supporter. Not really in to Munster but just tags along as somebody has a ticket.

Comment

MRSC are not independent. They are a propietary side of Munster Rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
              MRSC are not independent. They are a propietary side of Munster Rugby.
              Cheers Keyop. I stand corrected so. Thought we were different from Munster Rugby

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
                Just on this I know we are on about Clubs or MRSC but neither got increase on their allocation. It's more down to Toulouse are entitled to a larger allocation than pool game and Redman I agree with views on corporate but to be fair this year we've had large attendances for all European games and that was with 90% allocation. We've less now.

I do expect tickets will surface though. Don't know story with Toulouse returns. But I agree what does drive me nuts is at times seeing a fella get a ticket who is just a casual supporter. Not really in to Munster but just tags along as somebody has a ticket.
                But it's the casual supporter we need to target though - he goes along, sees a great game, gets 'the bug' and ends up joining MRSC or just becoming a regular attendee of matches
                Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by RedCon87 View Post
                  Hi lads,

I've only just joined. I've always liked coming on here and reading other Munster fans views and conversations and I felt that now was the time t join the convo.

Like most lads on here I'm currently without a ticket for the 1/4 final and I'm feeling very frustrated and pissed off by the whole situation. Pissed off because the tickets for the pool stages were so easy to come by and now all of a sudden we have ''fans'' coming out from under the sale rack in Brown Thomas and from behind their office desks to go to this game while people like myself my brother and my father will probably have to miss out. I've been at 7 games this season including both away games to Racing and Leicester. I love following Munster and have been all over Europe in the past to follow them.

I'm not a member of the supporters club because I never have been. I've always been fortunate enough to get tickets but I can't help but feel that my luck is just about to run out. I know in y heart and soul that there will be people at this game who will be there for the social scene only!! I know it and ye know it!

Hopefully I'll pick something but at the moment it's looking very grim.
                  When demand is high those in representative groups will always get priority.

The answer to your problem is to join one. Probably won't help you in relation to the 1/4 final unfortunately.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I don't think anyone could have complaints about the way MRSC have handled their allocation and for a ?€30 Associate Membership fee for the year you'd have option to buy a terrace ticket for the qf. Hopefully this will assist in increasing membership going forward as the supporter's club provide vital funds to the academy.

Re clubs and corporates it's the same in every sport. Doesn't make it fairer but it's the commercial reality but for those who want to commit to supporting the club through thick and thin the MRSC have multiple options now to fit majority of supporters.

Comment

Hey,

Did someone in hear say that the Toulouse general sale was starting on Wednesday? I have
                      \"You ain\'t a beauty but hey you\'re alright,
                      and thats allright with me\"

Comment

]Hey,

Did someone in here say that the Toulouse general sale was starting on Wednesday? I have a French colleague in Paris lined up to order but wasn't certain when that starts, I also heard that it was only in person and no phone sales were going to be happening, but agin nothing on the Internet...
                        Any clarification would be great!
                        \"You ain\'t a beauty but hey you\'re alright,
                        and thats allright with me\"

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                          But it's the casual supporter we need to target though - he goes along, sees a great game, gets 'the bug' and ends up joining MRSC or just becoming a regular attendee of matches
                          I agree but these are guys rhat when Munstwr are going bad will call them crap and rugby a sport of crap etc. The fans your on about are different and agree they should be targeted

Comment

If both ourselves and Saracens win there QFS (both are not guarnteed to win by any means) we will most dev play our semi final On Sat 22 April or Sun 23 April in the Aviva Stadium Dublin

Will tickets be hard to get or as Leinster are not involved will it be easier

Comment

Originally posted by Healy52003 View Post
                              If both ourselves and Saracens win there QFS (both are not guarnteed to win by any means) we will most dev play our semi final On Sat 22 April or Sun 23 April in the Aviva Stadium Dublin

Won't make difference for SF tickets

Comment

Originally posted by Healy52003 View Post

Stop rushing your fences/counting your chickens/making assumptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X