Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRSC Meeting Point For Quarter Final

http://www.munsterrugbysupporters.co...up/www/index.a sp?magpage=6&id=9057

Can't help but feel that given we're playing Llanelli in Llanelli, we should have a meeting point in, well, Llanelli.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Stone him!
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy

Can't help but feel that given we're playing Llanelli in Llanelli, we should have a meeting point in, well, Llanelli.
        was going to say that as well, but felt it might have been pessimisitic.

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

I agree - Walkabout is a dive. Whatever happened to the notion of mixing with the opposition in their local pubs?

\'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
          Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Comment

ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk

ditto

thirded. The various Walkabouts have always been great with the discounts and stuff for munsterfans but without a ticket I'll either be in Llanelli or stay home.

Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by thisyear?

I agree - Walkabout is a dive. Whatever happened to the notion of mixing with the opposition in their local pubs?

I disagree, the Walkabout pubs have always been excellent MRSC venues offering super value & craic....

Comment

Swansea discounts are for the whole of the weekend from Friday 11am to Sunday close. Wasn't possible to get someplace like that in Llanelli.

Comment

Fair enough Bitter - and I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, given the numbers who are staying in Swansea due to accomodation issues.

The walkabouts have been very handy in Newport, Cardiffand in Manchester, but given that there isn't one in Llanelli I think we should have some sort of designated spot, even if we're not cutting an official deal with them on prices and stuff.

Otherwise I think there's a real danger of being seen to be snubbing the place. There's no love lost between Jacks and Turks, and I know howa lotof us wouldfeel if visiting fans coming over decided to give Limerick a body swerve.

It's great that the supporters club arranges the discounts and offers for members, but I think it has an ambassadorial role to other sets of fans as well that won't be fulfilled by keeping fans in Swansea on match day.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Will stay in Llanelli on the Friday but Walkabout will be hit hard on the Saturday. Its all about comprimise. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Should be in LLanelli

Comment

I think it's a fair call. Walkabout have been good to us, and vice versa.

In an ideal world it would have been sited in Llanelli.

A lot of Munster people are staying in Swansea, and for the w/e that's in it this is the correct call.

p.s. As soon as I can get to Llanelli I will do, and will stay as late as is practically possible to do so.

Comment

most of the Scarlets fans will be in the PH and the Killkenny cat before the game but they do get crowded. The Bidding is a bigger pub and not too far from the ground if you want somehwere where everyone can fit in. I haven't been there myself but I've heard rumours that they discount beer for people in rugby jersies. I haven't got it on my map but if I have time, I shall add it this weekend. There's also Furnace club, which is closest to the ground, cheapest beer in Llanelli and has a large function room.
                            I could dance with you until the cows come home. On second thought I\'d rather dance with the cows until you come home.

Comment

Folks, for those of us staying in Llanelli, this is from the Munster site messageboard:

@@@@SPAN =post>Just a bit of info for all Munster fans travelling to Llanelli...

There's always been a cracking atmosphere between the Scarlet and Munster fans, so we've decided to give both sides a bit of a treat.
                              As the manager of The Stradey Arms, just up the road from the ground, I've organised a beer tent and barbeque in our car park for the whole day and night! So, if you fancy a bit to eat as well as a jar, call up and see us.

If you need any info on anything else going on in the area, just drop us an e-mail and we'll find out as much as we can for you.

See you all soon.

Steve & Lesley
                              @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =post>http://www.munsterrugby.ie/forum/vie...hp?p=4118#4118
                              @@@@/SPAN>

Comment

Working...
                              X