Lost & Lonely in Llianelli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost & Lonely in Llianelli

Am heading over for the match with my brother, he does not yet have a ticket.

Presuming he does not get one has a drinking emporium been appointed for Munster people to watch the match?

Apologies if this type of question has been posted allready.

\"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Fozzie put up a pub guide here:

http://eldiablo.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/pubs.htm

There are a couple of places close to the ground. I'm anticipating spending most of Thursday and Friday in the Kilkenny Cat, but my brother is also travelling ticketless so we may need to pitch up somewhere closer to the ground if only one of us is going in.

We're at the Stradey Park Hotel, but The Colliers and the Rugby Club would be possibilities at that end of town.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I remember your brother from Edgely Park BB.

Poor chap wasn't well [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
        I remember your brother from Edgely Park BB.

Poor chap wasn't well [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

It was a bit of a tough fixture for the lad, but it's all part of the learning process and the experience will stand him in good stead. Drinking away from home is always that much tougher, but eventually you develop an ability to cope when on the road.

Obviously, with it beingthe knock outstages it's all there to play for - if you don't deliver there might not be another one, so the pressure is back on. But he's older and wiser, and I won't be making him drink the best part of a bottle of port before we get to the ground.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

A bottle of port!! Thats just cruel and unusual punishment.

Dunno about that rugby club place, likely to get your head mashed in there
          \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

Originally posted by ECSquared

A bottle of port!! Thats just cruel and unusual punishment.

Dunno about that rugby club place, likely to get your head mashed in there

In an alcoholic sense I take it? Rugby clubs in a lot of welsh towns would be like a GAA club in an Irish town - social/working mens clubs with open bars.

These are the recommendations from the Scrum V site:

Your reviews

Clubhouse:
            The Scarlets have the new Family Zone which has a bar, but is mainly for the kids. Stradey has two shed bars in the ground - Rolling Maul and Town End Tavern. There's also the Scrum Bar and a bar where the old Tanner Bank was. Both are relatively near each other, under the North Stand. There's also the Social Club which is open before and after the game on a match day.
            by Pete

Pubs:
            Pubs in Llanelli itself are plentiful. Wetherspoons is the most popular watering hole, cheapest probably too. There's the Thomas Arms named after Dylan Thomas near the town centre. Tafarn Y Sospan is another popular pub albeit off the beaten track. In the town itself, there's a pub more or less on every corner.
            by Pete

Stradey Arms, Furnace RFC (cheapest Pint in town), cricket club and White Horse all within falling distance of Stradey. A bit further out you have a choice of four before hitting town with a pub on every corner. Basically pre match the close you get to the ground the better.
            by Paul Davis

The cheapest pub in Llanelli has to be Furnace rugby club, but the most popular is probably Wetherspoons as it is the nearest to the town centre. In the evening popular clubs are Kavanughs, Barnums and Le Caprice.
            by Wayne

Le Caprice and Whetherspoons are the best picking spots with Tom Peppers being a fairly decent finishing line.
            Steve Hughes

For a great selection of beers, wines & spirits and food try the Talbot Inn.
            Huw Williams, Pwll

Comment

If this means there's a bottle of port going spare, please bring it with you!!

I'm easy to find...just look for the Quins trousers!
              PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Working...
              X