Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet up Pub for Fans Staying in Northampton

Heh,
    Staying in Northampton after game....Any ideas for a pub to congregate in to celebrate???

I seem to recall a lost day spent in The Auctioneer - or was it The Executioner?

Certainly was a very varied day........
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Anybody think visiting Munster fans should wear robbers masks? I'm going to have a look in town for them in the next few days. And why not it's what they think we are after the events in Thomond Park(and maybe they're right).
      The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness View Post
        Anybody think visiting Munster fans should wear robbers masks? I'm going to have a look in town for them in the next few days. And why not it's what they think we are after the events in Thomond Park(and maybe they're right).
        No.

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
          I seem to recall a lost day spent in The Auctioneer - or was it The Executioner?

Certainly was a very varied day........
          How do you remember the name? It certainly was varied haha
          "Why am I so rubbish at life?" Quote from a Saints fan in Shannon Airport 11/04/2010

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness View Post
            No thats just Jim Mallinder. Their winger drops the ball 5 yards out from the line when they are ahead, and apparently its Nigel Owens' fault when they lose the game.

For anybody staying in Northampton on the Friday, the bar in Franklin's Gardens will be open for the rugby and Munster fans are welcome. There are a few of us heading over, so pub recommendations for the Saturday night would be appreciated.

Comment

was over in 2009 and the pubs we frequented were the black lion, wetherspoons in the city centre, the malt shovel and revolution.
              Say no to Lee Jeans and black pointy shoes!

Comment

Thomas A Beckett was heaving the last time we were oveer there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                  Thomas A Beckett was heaving the last time we were oveer there.
                  Sure was. I remember it was sunny, and also a guy getting thrown out rather spectacularly.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Is there any meet up pub in mk? Doesn't seem to be much there were travelling up from London early ? We're will all the fans be?

Comment

Originally posted by aboy da wally View Post
                      Is there any meet up pub in mk? Doesn't seem to be much there were travelling up from London early ? We're will all the fans be?
                      www.pinkpunters.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                        from your avatar i reckon you must be a local or regular !

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49 View Post
                          from your avatar i reckon you must be a local or regular !
                          And the beer isn't great either by the looks of things.
                          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

If you find yourself back in the St James area of Northampton after the game you'll be looking at the main bar in Franklin's Gardens, the Rover, the Foundryman's Arms and the Thomas a Becket (you drank the last two dry on your last visit).

If you head into the town centre on the Saturday night you will find that some pubs don't allow in sports shirts. However those that you will be okay in include The Wig & Pen, The Malt Shovel and The King Billy (don't be put off, it's named after William IV rather then William of Orange!).

Comment

Working...
                            X