Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRSC Bus - Limk to Cork Scarlets April 14

http://www.munsterrugbysupporters.co...up/www/index.a sp?magpage=6&id=9053

If it isn't already in hand, might I suggest that this one is e-mailed to the membership, as there are bound to be many who don't read the various websites.

Question - will reduced fares apply for junior members of the MRSC ?

Comment

Any chance of investigating if there would be enough interestin MRSC Bus from Dublin as well.

I know it has been tried before and the uptake was not that good.

If not I will fly down as it is far cheaper than Iarnrod Eireann

Comment

Originally posted by Corker

If it isn't already in hand, might I suggest that this one is e-mailed to the membership, as there are bound to be many who don't read the various websites.

Question - will reduced fares apply for junior members of the MRSC ?

As you can see by checking the notes when purchasing, the price is €13 per seat.

Comment

No need for the sarky reply Bitter. So it seemsJunior members don't matter.

At this price unfortunately I will not be availing of the service, as I can drive my family of 4 to Cork and back for a fair bit less than €52

Comment

Wasn't meant to be sarky.....and cannot believe that you can say that Juniur members do not matter.....

Comment

Well in fairness Corker. For €52 you can relax and have a drink and can take your time and dont have the pressure of driving to and from the game.....

Comment

Originally posted by Logan
                Well in fairness Corker. For €52 you can relax and have a drink and can take your time and dont have the pressure of driving to and from the game.....
                Unfortunately still got to drive to get home from drop off point, but your point is generally along the lines of why the bus was suggested in the first place.

My point about the junior members Bitter was in relation to the pricing. I just wonder if it is right to charge them full whack on the bus.

Comment

13 Euro seems to be a reasonable price. Will be booking it - Cant afford the usual train and hotel combo at the moment. Well done MRSC, again.
                  "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Totry to explain where I am coming from on the junior members and the bus costs thing-

Munster Branch, and indeed the MRSC, need to be thinking nowof initiatives to bring more people into the rugby supporting world here, especialy in light of filling thenew Thomond Park when it opens.One sure fire way is to encourage and accommodate family participation, especially at ML games. The season tickets which allow 2 under 16's in are a huge step in the right direction in this regard. The junior members "gigs" before matches will also help, and may need to be more frequent. Running busses is also a very good initiative IMO, and I applaud the fact that the MRSC is trying to revive this, but they do need to be thought out completely. €13 is by no means exorbitant for the bus, and indeed this is the exact amount that was charged by CS Bourgoin Jallieu to their regular supporters (and some guests)to travel from Bourgoin to Geneva - current season ticket holders went free incidentally. The journey time was similar to a run from Limerick to Cork, there were no planned stops in either direction, and there was only one unscheduled emergency stop for my bus on the return journey.At €13 a head, and knowing the cost of the bus hire in this country, the bus does not need to be anywhere nearfull to break even.

However for efforts such as this to be really attractive to families, they need to be cost effective for all the service users. Maybe I am lucky in that my car is economical enough on a long journey, but to an averagefamily of two adults and two kids, the bus at €52 for the lot doesn'tmakesound financialsense. I say financial sense, as not everyone is loaded, and the season tickets may already be quite a drain for some people. Yes it is nice to be able to have a drink and not worry about driving, but thatshouldn't be the only reason for running busses IMO. I certainly don't want to be seen to be knocking this initiative, but I do think it needs a slightly deeper analysis, and a long term view to the future.

Comment

Quinssa (Quins supporters association) has been running coaches to away games since it started.

Quinssa members geta reduction and the 1st child with every adult goes free.

We run a raffle on the coach too which helps to keep the cost down.

Many families travel by car to The Stoop to get on the coach so the drinking bit is the same as it would be in this case.
                      PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

REMINDER !!!

If there is not sufficient interest in this by April 6th, then we will have little option not to look into Bus Travel in the future.

Comment

I would assume their is no reduction for children as the MRSC are taking the cost of the bus and dividing it by the number of seats. Everyone has to have a seat irrespective of age.

The only way it could be cheaper for kids would be if the "adult" charge was higher or someone sponsors the bus.
                          \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

It's still cheap enough for kids. I doubt the MRSC is making anything on this.

Agreed that they should do more for kids though......

Comment

DG should have got an S-Max instead of that tinny 3 door Focus..[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img] could charge €5 he'd have cleaned up..

Comment

Working...
                              X