Reccommendations fo Lahinch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reccommendations fo Lahinch

I'm gonna be staying in Lahinch this weekend. Can anyone recommend a good pub to watch the match?

Cheers
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

i recommend not going to Lahinch.
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Frawleys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
        i recommend not going to Lahinch.
        <!-
        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
        var SymReal;

Sym()
        {
        window.open = SymWinOpen;
        if(SymReal != null)
        SymReal();
        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
        {
        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
        window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
        SymReal = window.;
        window. = Sym;
        }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
        window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

I second that motion
        The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Flanagan's bar on the main street .. 2plasma screens, and plenty of staff on duty. Small enough bar, so get in early if you want a decent seat.

Also the only bar where you'll actually hear the commentary ! If you want to eat while watching the games there are a couple of other options, but almost guaranteed to hear nothing - Macs (formerly Mrs O'Briens), The Shamrock or Kenny's will all be showing it, and serve decent grub.

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

What do you mean "the match"? There are 3 good matches to be watched on Super Saturday.
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Flanagan's will be about the only place showing the other 2 games .. .. the others are likely to swtich over to soccer or whatever else might be on.. But as long as someone is watching the rugby Flanagans will keep it on.

Of course if ireland win by a decent margin there should be a decent few staying about to watch the other games.
              Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

It will be animal down there.

I'm thinking about giving it a miss tbh.

Golf followed by rugby is an appealing combo however. The hastle in the pub may be it's undoing however.

p.s. Flanagan's is a good bar, but like all of them, overcrowding will be rife.

Comment

Cheers all, staying in the Golf hotel so if they are not showing it then Flanagans it is.
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Hotel isn't bad. Nice leisure centre and pool. Bar is ok. Very central.

Comment

Kenny's Bar is the place to watch the game in Lahinch. Great pints
                      and food, the Irish stew is first class and shouldn't be missed.

Comment

I like Kenny's but the tv's aren't the best sited for watching a game.

Decent food in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                          It will be animal down there.

I'm thinking about giving it a miss tbh.

Golf followed by rugby is an appealing combo however. The hastle in the pub may be it's undoing however.

p.s. Flanagan's is a good bar, but like all of them, overcrowding will be rife.

What do you mean DG? Messy?

I was thinking of heading down Sunday night.

Comment

Yep - over crowded etc. Might be messy but hopefully not.

I'll be there Sunday afternoon/night most likely, but will stay in I reckon.

Comment

Paddys weekend is about the quietest bank holiday in Lahinch ... depending on the weather conditions that could mean the place will be dead, or comfortably crowded.

If there's decent weather &amp; decent sea conditions Lahinch will be heaving for the weekend. on the upside, during the day the bars won't be too jammed but at nighttime it'll be very busy.

Comment

Working...
                              X