Fans voting with their feet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans voting with their feet??

got my tickets yesterday in ticketmaster in limerick i asked the girl how were ticket sales looking she said the Quins game has had a massive affect on sales she said there stadium is only just over half full so far.

if this keeps up[ and atts are going down and down the munster board will have to act and sack McGahan surely????

people will not pay E30 or E40 to watch rubbish rugby with poor tactics etc etc

Hopefully a few more will change their minds and show up.

We have had many a good year following Munster. The team are in trouble at the moment and could do with our support.

Comment

I think the result might be more to blame than 'the tactics'

but as Glorob said, when the teams down thats the time for the supporters to turn up. POC stated post-Quins that the supporters deserved more, if they don't turn up then they don't deserve anything

Comment

It's obvious that T. McG caused the recession!

Comment

There's a lot more than just the performances causing the attendance to slip this weekend.. Of course the previous performances impact this, but you have communions, confirmations etc going on all over Limerick tomorrow, I know of 3 in my own family and all in different schools..

It's an expensive day for parents so buggering off to a match may not be possible for a lot.

Comment

I would love to go but am back in UK now and Can not afford it.[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Have forked out for, membership Season ticket and HC tickets-will be saving to attend next season.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

A Job would help[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
            Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck

There's a lot more than just the performances causing the attendance to slip this weekend.. Of course the previous performances impact this, but you have communions, confirmations etc going on all over Limerick tomorrow, I know of 3 in my own family and all in different schools..

It's an expensive day for parents so buggering off to a match may not be possible for a lot.

Same where I am from. I know a lot of people that aren't going for those reasons and I'm from a small town so I can only imagine the effect inside in Limerick and Cork. The same issue is there in two weeks time too if we get over the Ospreys.

Comment

The writing is on the wall. Munster PLC is a business and if we dont provide a good product then the public will not support it, as is happening. Results mean success which means money. Do you think TMcG would still be in charge of Leicester orToulouse with these results over the past few years. Munster are the best and therefore derseve the best. I wish TMcG well but its time for new ideas and a change whatever happens in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

It's like any other business at the moment. It's seen as a
                  luxury that people can't afford. For those not living in Limerick
                  by the time you add up the cost of tickets, fuel and food it's a
                  lot cheaper and still somewhat enjoyable to watch in the pub
                  or if you're really skint at home.
                  Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye
                    The writing is on the wall. Munster PLC is a business and if we dont provide a good product then the public will not support it, as is happening. Results mean success which means money. Do you think TMcG would still be in charge of Leicester orToulouse with these results over the past few years. Munster are the best and therefore derseve the best. I wish TMcG well but its time for new ideas and a change whatever happens in the next 2 weeks.

spot on lad. sorry to say but sport is like a business now its all about making the doe and if munster is getting knocked out of HC losing semi finals at home etc etc people will not turn up simply as that really

Comment

Well I'll be going as mentioned above it's important to support the team through the bad times and not just the good times.
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Load of bo***cks. Sorry but it is. If we were winning all round us and in the HC SF next week this game would be a sell out already, communions or no communions. The lack of atmosphere/anticipation and the general apathy is simply down to results and performances this and last year. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackdaniels

Load of bo***cks. Sorry but it is. If we were winning all round us and in the HC SF next week this game would be a sell out already, communions or no communions. The lack of atmosphere/anticipation and the general apathy is simply down to results and performances this and last year. Fact.
                          You accuse someone posting a load of bollix !! A bit rich, with the drivel you have started on this site.

Its true, recent results will affect attendances, but so will the amount of confirmations and communions on tomorrow.

There will still be 20+k in the ground tomorrow evening, which will be afantastic crowd all things considered.

Comment

things are tight money wise and thats having some impact as
                            is poor results, some of the novelty factor is also gone from
                            thomond too, next season will tell alot regards numbers,
                            some of the games have been poorly attended this season
                            take treviso for instance back in oct lots of empties then too
                            early in the season. hate to say and I'll be shot down but alot
                            of the bandwagoners added to the above points is reflecting in
                            numbers, the hardcore followers will still go budget allowing
                            and win loose draw to support munster - I'm one of them !!

Comment

There's a lot more than just the
                              performances causing the attendance to slip this weekend..
                              Of course the previous performances impact this, but you
                              have communions, confirmations etc going on all over
                              Limerick tomorrow,  I know of 3 in my own family and all in
                              different schools..

It's an expensive day for parents so buggering off to a
                              match may not be possible for a lot.

Communion for myself tomorrow. 6 of us at it who'd
                              normally be in Thomond.

Comment

Working...
                              X