This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taz View Post
    I thought the London MRSC had special rates for people using taxis? ;)
    Beep Beep Beep Beep....Yeah.

Click image for larger version

Name:	London.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	2471237

Comment

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14 View Post
      Depends really- in a black cab, probably more, so avoid them...

Pre book a taxi and it will be much cheaper, a quick google shows up a few frims, eg http://www.watford-taxis.co.uk/ showing prices Watford-Heathrow for GBP35.

I dont know that company myself...

The below is good advice, and if you have a smartphone or ipad etc, download the app...both are reputable firms and they wont leave with some one else! :

Pre- booked taxi hire often works out much cheaper than rail or bus tickets if traveling in a group of three or more. Please note this does not include just hailing the regular black cabs. Black taxi's are expensive, and uncomfortable for airport trips and indeed any trip over 15 minutes long while in London will be cheper in a pre-boked cab. Pre-paid companies charge fixed fares and use good quality vehicles.
      Try http://www.addisonlee.com/services/a...ort-transfers/ or for price comparison across multiple firms, http://www.kabbee.com
      . Both of these have smart phone apps which can save time when booking.
      Great stuff. Thank you.

Comment

I'm not getting email each week any more.
        What's happening?
        PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!:smile2:

Comment

Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin) View Post
          I'm not getting email each week any more.
          What's happening?
          Person who normally sends them is on a few weeks holidays. They will recommence when he returns.
          "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Sorted. Jay's been in touch.
            Now he's back normal service will be resumed.

Comment

Battling through Quins ticket request emails ?

Comment

Me or Jay?
                I can see me watching the match on the box so Mary Quinlan can have my seat!

Comment

Both !
                  Know Mr Mc has already been in contact......

I'd put good money on you not watching it on the box, unless the box was in one of the changing rooms...

Comment

London booked......looking forward to another good night in Yager!

Comment

have flights booked, am ever hopeful for tickets. have asked everyone incl the cat. Where a good spot with atmosphere to watch game, and what area to stay in. am a London virgin.

Comment

A London virgin?

There's a term someone like Shane McGowan could conjure with :-)

Anyway, self and OH are travelling over like yourself, with no tickets yet but hope that springs eternal. Or at least til the lottery results come out.

Comment

Originally posted by wagga View Post
                          have flights booked, am ever hopeful for tickets. have asked everyone incl the cat. Where a good spot with atmosphere to watch game, and what area to stay in. am a London virgin.
                          Hi- we have been sending the advice on the attached link to anyone who has emailed us directly. If you have any further questions, you can do that, or pop them in here!

http://www.mrsc.ie/News_Detail.aspx?...branchid=49959

Comment

Question for London-based fans - plane lands in Stansted at 10am. Will I make it from there to the match in time? Underground says it'll take 1hr15 from Liverpool St. to Twickenham alone... seems mad
                            Marty in the Morning

Comment

LB you'll make the match, take the Stansted Express to Liverpool St, then Central Line to Tottenham Court Road, then Northern Line to Waterloo, then direct fast train from Waterloo to Twickenham. I might even be on the same train as you, I have a stag-do down the road from Stansted Saturday night.

Comment

There are planned engineering works that weekend on the Northern Line.
                                http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews...r/default.aspx

My advice - get a taxi from Liverpool St to Waterloo. No messing about with tubes. It'll cost about £10 - £15 and will avoid a real ball ache of figuring out where you are trying to go with different tube lines being shut.

From Waterloo, make sure you get the fast train to Twickenham, as it's on a circular route i.e it starts and finishes in Waterloo. One train goes the longer way round. If in doubt, the staff there are pretty friendly, so just ask ..

Unless your plane is delayed you'll easily make it. I reckon you'll get there for about 12.30 or so.
                                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
                                X