This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS

You'd be better getting the train to London Bridge .. then any bus to the City. Much quicker.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Re: Official MRSC LONDON BRANCH

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
      PS

You'd be better getting the train to London Bridge .. then any bus to the City. Much quicker.
      Bollox.. You are almost right... Just checking in and i see i booked to return on monday instead of sunday... I am a tool...

Bought one for sunday... Something had to go wrong...
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
        PS

Defo take the train ..but dont get off at London Bridge...its go's to Blackfriars (1st stop after London Bridge) which is a 2 minute walk from Yager...London Bridge is only 10 mins too on foot from it...
        Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14 View Post
          Defo take the train ..but dont get off at London Bridge...its go's to Blackfriars (1st stop after London Bridge) which is a 2 minute walk from Yager...London Bridge is only 10 mins too on foot from it...
          Actually that's a good shout.

Comment

My flight only gets in at 9.40pm. Direct from Gatwick to the Sheephaven methinks.
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Clan gathering. I'm babysitting tonight but I might be allowed out for a bottle of pop tomorrow evening.

Comment

Hey all, can anyone tell me any good places to watch the games in London this season? Watched the last 3 in Brentford but myself and the lady are the only 2 there. It's grand but coming into the big games i'd like some atmos. Last year we went to O'Neills between Covent Garden and Holborn to watch HC games. Just wondering is there anywhere with a few more rugby heads for the bigger Rabo games, Ospreys and then the Leinster game?

Cheers!
                The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
                  Hey all, can anyone tell me any good places to watch the games in London this season? Watched the last 3 in Brentford but myself and the lady are the only 2 there. It's grand but coming into the big games i'd like some atmos. Last year we went to O'Neills between Covent Garden and Holborn to watch HC games. Just wondering is there anywhere with a few more rugby heads for the bigger Rabo games, Ospreys and then the Leinster game?

Cheers!
                  Hi, our official London HQ (Yager- directions below) shows all Munster games, in full sound, with the Irish coverage when being covered by one of the Irish broadcasters, regardless of any clashes with other sports. To date this season we have had 25 to 50 people for the various games...this should pick up in the coming weeks with the bigger games and we got a few hundred for the Leinster games the past few years.
                  Its hard in central London to get a venue that will show every game regardless of what it clashes with/& with full sound.We heard of many places that once a big football game is on, either dont show the game, or put it on a smallr screen in the corner somewhere without sound. Of course some bars will put on the big games, but sadly most venues ignore the vast bulk of our smaller RaboPro12 games. The O'Neills you mention is no more, the owner is still the same but they have rebranded it recently so not sure what it shows now. We used it a lot 2 seasons ago, but ultimately the service for the smaller games was poor and for the bigger games we were too big.

Directions/Location:
                  Yager Bar (http://www.yager-bar.com/) , 2-3 Old Change Court, Peters Hill, London EC4M 8EN
                  The nearest tubes are: Mansion House (.15 miles) St Pauls (.2miles), Blackfriars (.2miles) Bank (.3miles)
                  The nearest over grounds are: Blackfriars (.2miles), Cannon Street (.3miles)

Comment

Originally posted by MRSC London Branch View Post
                    Hi, our official London HQ (Yager- directions below) shows all Munster games, in full sound, with the Irish coverage when being covered by one of the Irish broadcasters, regardless of any clashes with other sports. To date this season we have had 25 to 50 people for the various games...this should pick up in the coming weeks with the bigger games and we got a few hundred for the Leinster games the past few years.
                    Its hard in central London to get a venue that will show every game regardless of what it clashes with/& with full sound.We heard of many places that once a big football game is on, either dont show the game, or put it on a smallr screen in the corner somewhere without sound. Of course some bars will put on the big games, but sadly most venues ignore the vast bulk of our smaller RaboPro12 games. The O'Neills you mention is no more, the owner is still the same but they have rebranded it recently so not sure what it shows now. We used it a lot 2 seasons ago, but ultimately the service for the smaller games was poor and for the bigger games we were too big.

Directions/Location:
                    Yager Bar (http://www.yager-bar.com/) , 2-3 Old Change Court, Peters Hill, London EC4M 8EN
                    The nearest tubes are: Mansion House (.15 miles) St Pauls (.2miles), Blackfriars (.2miles) Bank (.3miles)
                    The nearest over grounds are: Blackfriars (.2miles), Cannon Street (.3miles)

Highly recommended- You will meet some good people at yager

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post

Cheers!

There is always a few watching games in Jono's in Ealing Common. Connolly's in Chiswick normally shows games too. Both close to Brentford.
                      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people

Comment

Guys - would Vicarage Road to Heathrow be possible for a 7.25 flight after the Saracens match? Happy to do it by taxi if it's easiest.

Comment

Originally posted by buster View Post
                          Guys - would Vicarage Road to Heathrow be possible for a 7.25 flight after the Saracens match? Happy to do it by taxi if it's easiest.
                          Yes - provided that you head straight out after the game. You are only three junctions away on the M25 and at that time on a Sunday you should be fine. The big challenge will be booking a cab that will turn up and collect you, not some ghoul pretending to be you. I don't know of any reliable cab firms in that next of the woods, although I am sure they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonMunster View Post
                            Yes - provided that you head straight out after the game. You are only three junctions away on the M25 and at that time on a Sunday you should be fine. The big challenge will be booking a cab that will turn up and collect you, not some ghoul pretending to be you. I don't know of any reliable cab firms in that next of the woods, although I am sure they exist.
                            Thanks a million. Been resisting all along but tempted now. How much in a cab would you reckon - £60ish?

Comment

Depends really- in a black cab, probably more, so avoid them...

Pre book a taxi and it will be much cheaper, a quick google shows up a few frims, eg http://www.watford-taxis.co.uk/ showing prices Watford-Heathrow for GBP35.

I dont know that company myself...

The below is good advice, and if you have a smartphone or ipad etc, download the app...both are reputable firms and they wont leave with some one else! :

Pre- booked taxi hire often works out much cheaper than rail or bus tickets if traveling in a group of three or more. Please note this does not include just hailing the regular black cabs. Black taxi's are expensive, and uncomfortable for airport trips and indeed any trip over 15 minutes long while in London will be cheper in a pre-boked cab. Pre-paid companies charge fixed fares and use good quality vehicles.
                              Try http://www.addisonlee.com/services/a...ort-transfers/ or for price comparison across multiple firms, http://www.kabbee.com
                              . Both of these have smart phone apps which can save time when booking.
                              Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

I thought the London MRSC had special rates for people using taxis? ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X