Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a London Branch member taking part in the Munster Rugby Charity Cylce for Paul Darbyshire and Motor Neurone Disease.

A bit late in the day getting ourline page up due to technical delays trying to get a UK page up for tax reclaims, but alas, none of the charaites invovled are UK registered, so weve joined the main Irish one.

All donations appreaciated for those still looking to contribute!Thanks.

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/mrsc_l...ch_paul_darbys hire/

Comment

Just an update to the London Munsterfans and MRSC members we will be trialling a new match day pub for the next 2 Irish games...

The French game kicks off at 17:00 this Saturday and as advised in last weeks update, the London Branch is encouraging members to attend a new venue to watch this game. Mustard Bar, via its sports promoter El Ryans, offers us one large out-door 2.2 square metres screen, an internal projector screen, and 6 large tv plasma screens. They currently house Spanish football games which attract over 1,000 fans on occasion and are keen to expand into rugby. They will also be opening and showing every Rugby World Cup game live, with full game replays at lunch and evening for marquee games. (full details on the venue location & a special offer below)

***Special offer for MRSC London Branch members- Free with every round(four pints) of beer, enjoy a free dish of either 1: Spanish paella or 2: Patatas con Chorizo (Spanish Chorizo cooked in white wine with chips)***

Directions/Location:

Mustard Bar (http://www.mustard-bar.com/) , 2-3 Old Change Court, Peters Hill, London EC4M 8EN

The nearest tubes are: Mansion House (0.15 miles) St Pauls (0.2miles) Bank (0.3miles)

The nearest over grounds are: Blackfriars (0.2miles), Cannon Street (0.3miles)

see here.... for more details....
      http://www.mrsc.ie/News_Detail.aspx?...branchid=49959

Also.... The next MRSC London Branch Committee meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday August 23rd from 7pm. Anyone who has an interest in active involvement in the club for the 2011/2012 season and has indicated this to us thus far should have received an email with the minutes of last week’s meeting. If you would like to be actively involved, and did not receive these minutes, please let us know.

see here for more details....
      http://www.mrsc.ie/News_Detail.aspx?type=1&rowid=59022
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Anyone know a Munster Fan in the Edinburgh Cellars (Newington Green) early evening yesterday ? No reason, just took me back a bit seeing a good red jersey on show in such incongruous surroundings.

Comment

Saturday 27th August Ireland Home world cup warm-up game Vs England Kick-off 14:30

Directions/Location:
          Mustard Bar (http://www.mustard-bar.com/) , 2-3 Old Change Court, Peters Hill, London EC4M 8EN

The nearest tubes are: Mansion House (0.15 miles) St Pauls (0.2miles) Bank 60(.3miles)
          The nearest over grounds are: Blackfriars (0.2miles), Cannon Street (0.3miles)

How to find it:
          From Mansion House: (1)Turn left immediately out of Mansion House and walk down Queen Victoria Street. Between the first and second set of traffic lights you will see a Pret on your right. Mustard is located in the building directly behind Pret and before St Pauls OR (2)- Cross the Road and take the first left as you exit mansion house. Proceed along Cannon Street East (in the direction of St Pauls). Mustard is located just behind the Wine Tun.
          From Bank, proceed down Queen Victoria Street toward Mansion House and see above.
          From St Paul’s, do a 180 degree turn when you exit the station and walk around to the south side of St Pauls Cathedral via New change Street. (the new One New Change shopping centre will be on your left with St Pauls on your right) You need to cross the road at the traffic lights in the direction the Win Tun bar. Mustard is located to the right/back of the Wine Tun.

***Special offer for MRSC London Branch members- Free with every round(four pints) of beer, enjoy a free dish of either 1: Spanish paella or 2: Patatas con Chorizo (Spanish Chorizo cooked in white wine with chips)***
          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Are the London Branch of the MSRC going to the Mustard Bar on Sunday? If so, might go along - though I hate being in the City on the wknd - as the Saffers are playing Taffy afterwards...

Comment

Yip, confirmed for the Mustard on Sunday. I'll be in sunny Norfolk so can't attend.

You should get yourself added to the mailing list - it's very informative. Send a mail to mrsclondon@munsterrugby.ie to get yourself included.
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Many thanks. Look forward to seeing you at the Australia game then.

Comment

No problem - I'll be the Irish looking one wearing green ... ;)

Comment

I got dragged into going to a wedding the day of the Aussie game.... 1 moment of weakness and a slight misuse of a calendar and she had me snared...... The saucy wench.....

Comment

Game is on at 09:30 - time for a half gallon of beer before the wedding, no?

Comment

Ohh I'll see it alright.... but not among friends.............. or a haze of lunacy....

Comment

*** Our new home, Mustard, will be open for both the Irish Vs Russia game and the Munster Vs Cardiff games this weekend. If you attend either, please ask any committee member present for a discount card, good for discounts on food and drink in the venue!***

Friday 23rd September Munster Away RaboDirect Pro 12 game Vs Cardiff Blues Kick off 19:05

Sunday 25th September Ireland Vs Russia RWC Pool Game Kick off 07:00

Munster Team: J Murphy; D Howlett, D Barnes, L Mafi, D Hurley; I Keatley, D Williams; W du Preez, M Sherry, S Archer; B Holland, M O'Driscoll; P O'Mahony capt, T O'Donnell, J Coughlan. Replacements: D Fogarty, J Ryan, J Hayes, D Foley, N Ronan, P Stringer, S Deasy, T Gleeson

The Cardiff team:
                          15 Dan Fish 14 Alex Cuthbert 13 Gavin Evans 12 Dafydd Hewitt 11 Richard Mustoe 10 Ceri Sweeney 9 Richie Rees 8 Andries Pretorius 7 Maama Molitika 6 Michael Paterson 5 Deiniol Jones 4 Paul Tito (C) 3 Scott Andrews 2 T Rhys Thomas 1 Sam Hobbs
                          16 Rhys Williams 17 Nathan Trevett 18 Ryan Harford 19 Xavier Rush 20 Thomas Young 21 Lewis Jones 22 Rhys Patchell 23 Casey Laulala

Ireland: TBA

Directions/Location:

The nearest tubes are: Mansion House (.15 miles) St Pauls (.2miles) Bank (.3miles)
                          The nearest over grounds are: Blackfriars (.2miles), Cannon Street (.3miles)

Comment

Munster play The Ospreys in the RaboDirect PRO 12 this Saturday (8th).
                            The supporters club will be in our new home venue of Mustard Bar for this match. Kick off is 7:30pm.

*** Our new home, Mustard, will be open for both the Irish the Munster games this weekend. If you attend either, please ask any committee member present for a discount card, good for discounts on food and drink in the venue!***

Directions/Location:

The nearest tubes are: Mansion House (.15 miles) St Pauls (.2miles) Bank (.3miles)
                            The nearest over grounds are: Blackfriars (.2miles), Cannon Street (.3miles)

If Ireland win tomorrow morning.... could be a night to remember... in Thomond and London....!!

Comment

Bus London- Llanelli December 10th- are you interested?

We have received numerous queries from members in relation to the possibility of running a return bus from London to Llanelli for the Heineken Cup clash between the sides December 10th. We are currently pricing up the various options and will advise in due course but in brief the bus would depart London (Mustard Bar) early the morning of the 10th, with one other pick-up point en route. A lunch stop en route may be added (if timings allow) with a return to London 1 hour after the game finishes. A post game Munster event in London for that evening may also be added, subject to interest. We’d also hope a special guest would join us for the trip.

If you have possible interest in this bus, please advise us by return email to mrsclondon@munsterrugby.ie with exact numbers in your group ASAP. We only expect firm commitments once full pricing has been advised, but please note, the MRSC London Branch will be seeking to run this service on break-even basis, ie, no profit will be made/added to the cost. Provisional estimates are GBP 20-30 pound per person, with the lower amount being possible the larger number of people we get going. An email will go out to all those showing interest next week with firm details.
                              Last edited by i_like_cake; 30-October-2011, 11:19.

Comment

Should that read depart on the 10th? i.e. the morning of the game. as opposed to departing on Friday 9th as it says above, making it an overnight stay?

Comment

Working...
                                X