Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hear hear! and thanks to the nice chap who gave flags to Pixie and me when we'd given up hope and were leaving for the stadium, cringing in horror at the prospect of being flagless...... mind you, I'd have swapped the flag for a performance!

Comment

One of the only positives to come out of the weekend is the 16th army lives on and looks after their own. Many thanks to all who posted v useful information to make my travel plans etc as easy as possible

Comment

Might interest a few who dont receive our newsletter:

As mentioned in last previous newsletters, with no European spring trip to plan this season, and with support for the team needed now more than ever, we have decided to run our first ever bus trip to a league game down to Swansea on Saturday 7th March on a day return.

For any non-London based fans going, we also have the option of booking your match ticket with us so we can pool the support in the ground.

Itinerary(Approx timings)
        Departure is 10.00am from Rudds, our main central London meeting point with a pick up in West London (Hammersmith area) about 10.20am with a short rest break en route. The buses would return about 90 minutes after the game, and have you back in London 10-10.30 pm.

Cost: £45 adult/£25 Child (u-16) return including match ticket/ £32 return bus only/ £18 match ticket only. It can be booked via email only. Email us at mrsclondon@munsterrugby.ie to reserve your place and we will reply with manual payment details. All interest received to date should have received payment details this morning.

Rugby World Cup 2015 Buses to Wales

Ireland play three times in the Millennium Stadium around the RWC2015- August 8th vs Wales in a warm-up game, September 29th vs Canada, and October 11th vs France. Subject to demand, we will run same day return buses to all these games. The train station getting out of Cardiff is difficult enough when there is only 1 away team (There were 10K fans expected to head back to London after Wales-England last Friday night, but there was only one train scheduled), and we expect these bus services to prove more popular and hassle free than the public transport options. We will confirm details in the coming months

Comment

Anything happening for the finals weekend, 2nd May ?
          If not, any recommendations ?

Comment

Is there an official meeting point for the final?

Comment

This was tweeted

MRSC London @MRSCLondon · London based @GlasgowWarriors fans are very welcome 2join us in @TempleBarLDN for the @Munsterrugby @PRO12rugby final Sat

Comment

Originally posted by Call999 View Post
                Is there an official meeting point for the final?
                Indeed, we will be in our main central meeting point: The Temple Bar ,1 Milford Lane, Aldwych, London, WC2R 3LL and we will have live music after the game.

Other news that might be of interest:

Rugby World Cup 2015 Buses to Wales Update
                To add our support to Ireland during the RWC 2015 campaign, the MRSC London Branch will be running a same day return bus
                service to Cardiff for all of Ireland's games.Early booking is encouraged to take advantage of the current pricing. As the availability of buses decreases, hire prices are likely to increase as will the ticket prices.

Games we will be running buses to:

Saturday 8th August, vs Wales, Millennium Stadium (2.30pm). Please note that tickets for this match are now on general sale from the WRU.

Saturday 19th September, vs Canada, Millennium Stadium (2.30pm). Tickets remain on sale for this match from the official RWC2015 website.

Sunday 11th October, vs France, Millennium Stadium (4.45pm). More tickets will go on sale for this match on Thursday 28 May at 10:00 on th official RWC2015 website.

*Please note, we will also run a bus to Ireland’s quarter final game if we qualify from the pool (as group winners we
                would play Sunday October 18th at 1pm or as group runners-up we would play Saturday 17th October at 8pm - both at the Millennium Stadium).

Timings: The buses will be scheduled to arrive in Cardiff at least 90 minutes pre-game with the first returns leaving one hour after the game finishes. Departures will be from Central London with a pick-up point in West London

Price: The bus price for MRSC members is £30 (€42) return (non-members £35/€49), with children ½ price.
                Return places can be booked now via a shop item in your MRSC account. *NB, you need to use the
                following link http://www.mrscmembers.ie/
                to access shop items from your MRSC account during membership renewals
                Child places and non-members must be booked manually, please e-mail us at
                mrsclondon@munsterrugby.ie
                Last edited by MRSC London Branch; 28th-May-2015, 07:50.

Comment

Anyone going on the Cardiff bus for Canada game? I know I paid but will someone contact us or will bus tickets be issued or do we turn up, happy at the pick up point?
                  I haven't visited London since I was a kid. I have flown into London but immediately left for other destinations. We have one afternoon and evening there so I'm really looking forward to it. It was a happy childhood holiday there where I bought Pooh Bear who stayed with me 20 years, He ended up with bald patches and faded yellow from the sun but well loved. I traded him in for a Tipperary man. He went much the same way with bald patches but the sun made him browner. I'm getting excited now!
                  Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                    Anyone going on the Cardiff bus for Canada game? I know I paid but will someone contact us or will bus tickets be issued or do we turn up, happy at the pick up point?
                    A few hundred booked on our buses to date, going up daily, so fear not, you wont be alone! The new ticketmaster system for the MRSC is still bedding down, so sorry if your booking confirmation did not contain all the details you may require.

No tickets are pre-issued, you just show your confirmaiton (digital or paper format is fine) on the day to board.

Service Details:
                    The buses will be scheduled to arrive in Cardiff at least 90 minutes pre-game with the first returns leaving one hour after the game finishes approx.
                    Departures will be from Central London (Temple Place) with a pick-up point in West London (Hammersmith Apollo), both beside tube stations. We are hoping to time our departure 8.30-9am it looks at this stage.
                    Return, we hope to allow fans time to watch the France / Italy game that takes place after ours.

Exact departure time will be confirmed the week of the game as we should know all scheduled road closures etc by then!

Comment

Originally posted by MRSC London Branch View Post
                      A few hundred booked on our buses to date, going up daily, so fear not, you wont be alone! The new ticketmaster system for the MRSC is still bedding down, so sorry if your booking confirmation did not contain all the details you may require.

No tickets are pre-issued, you just show your confirmaiton (digital or paper format is fine) on the day to board.

Service Details:
                      The buses will be scheduled to arrive in Cardiff at least 90 minutes pre-game with the first returns leaving one hour after the game finishes approx.
                      Departures will be from Central London (Temple Place) with a pick-up point in West London (Hammersmith Apollo), both beside tube stations. We are hoping to time our departure 8.30-9am it looks at this stage.
                      Return, we hope to allow fans time to watch the France / Italy game that takes place after ours.

Exact departure time will be confirmed the week of the game as we should know all scheduled road closures etc by then!
                      Thanks!

Comment

Return Saver ticket on London Heathrow to Paddington express:

I have just booked the return ticket online. There is a promotional code for a couple. It's DUO12 and it knocks off £20.00 from the price.

Comment

Big Thank You to London MRSC! W had a great day out and got to Cardiff and back in one piece. Some amount of organising, Thanks again.

Comment

Hats off to LB
                            organise some really good trips
                            dont know the guys and gals involved but top job
                            wish I hadn't booked flight to Paris so early, would like to have Eurostared it with them

Comment

Anything planned for next week

Comment

*Reminder:

We have a weekend full of events across London that should hopefully appeal to all Munster and Irish fans who will be in the area.
                                1. Friday (tonight!), we have Munster vs Glasgow live from 6pm in our main Central London Base, The Temple Bar (1 Milford Lane, Aldwych, London, WC2R 3LL)
                                2. Saturday see’s our biggest ever event as we collaborate with the official Irish Rugby Supporters Club, London Irish and all four of the official provincial Supporters Clubs for the first time in what promises to be a very special night in central London. The Brewery (52 Chiswell St, London, EC1Y 4SD) Tickets available from http://tiny.cc/GreenWCparties
                                3. Sunday we have an official meeting point, The Print House Bar, that is just a 12 minute walk away from the Olympic Stadium that will feature great food pre-game and post game, live music from bands over from home, and a pop-up Q&A featuring Alan Quinlan. (135 High Street, Stratford E15 2RB)

For full details on all these events, please see http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/21236.php

Comment

Working...
                                X