X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flags in the Cabbage Patch pub

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
      I said I'd check back the week of the game here because I know ye said there could be works on certain tube lines... Fitzy, LLCOOLJ14 and LondonMunster might be able to help me out:

Plane lands 10 am, then Stansted train into Liverpool St.

Our hotel is out by Haverstock Hill/Adelaide Rad (so Chalk Farm or Swiss Cottage tube stops I guess).

How feasible is it to go from Liverpool St. to hotel to drop off bag and then to Twickers?

Or am I better off just getting my ass to the Stoop asap and worry about the bag after
      Way too tight imho. I'd head straight there to be honest.

How long are you staying for? Surely you don't need a bag for an overnight stay? A toothbrush pops nicely into your arse pocket. Spare jocks in the coat, if you really are pushing the boat out.
      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by tickettout
        10 o clock landing means you can be on the 10.30 train to London.
        You will arrive in Tottenham Hale at 11.15/11.30 -A 15/20 minute cab should have you at the hotel before 12.
        That would leave 2 hours to get to the Ground.

Should be in the ground for 1 all going well.

Don't mind Fitzy, he's a glass 1/2 empty guy :D
        Exactly, all going well. Late arrivals, missed trains, engineering works, traffic, blah blah ..

Remember, I'm the realist round here :_wave__rvmp_by_bad_

Comment

No, you're the guy that walks around with spare Jocks in his pockets!
          Again, you are mistaken. I said "if you push the boat out". I can easily do a few days with one pair.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a spot in/around Camden rd for watching the rugby matches on Saturday ? I'm heading to the Hermitage Green gig on saturday night, so don't want to be hiking back from twickenham.
            Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Sheephaven Bay in Mornington Crescent. Has been the supporters' club backup bar for Munster and Ireland games. great little spot. Landlord's from Donegal hence the name. Has about 3 sky boxes so will accommodate you if he can

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...ven_Bay/Camden
              Girlfriend\'s English Boss: That Gaelic Football you lot play is a bit mad isn\'t it?

Girlfriend: That\'s nothing, you should watch a game of hurling. Think hockey except the ball is harder, it flies around the place and the sticks have bits of metal on the end of them.

GEB: Woah, sounds dangerous.

GF: Yeah, you can understand why some lads wear helmets, sure people have died.

GEB: What, from being hit in the head?

GF: No, they were shot by the English.

Comment

Go up to Pat at the Sheephaven Bay pub, near Mornington crescent, it´s been mentioned on this thread a billion times..

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Shee...on+St&t=m&z=16

there might be an arse print still there from the last time Wayen had his good bye party...
                (Or mine or Dricks arse, take your pick)...
                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                  Nah, too many younglads now you see, they need the sleep so have to be in bed by 9pm or else they'll be terrible narky in the morning.
                  We want them " terrible narky"

Comment

I was planning on getting them all to Mass for 8 am Sunday so they'll definitely need an early night!
                    PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!:smile2:

Comment

Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin) View Post
                      I was planning on getting them all to Mass for 8 am Sunday so they'll definitely need an early night!
                      Not going to happen, zebos disco won,t be finished

Comment

where in camden are hermitage green playing
                        Barfly

Comment

where in camden are hermitage green playing
                          Barfly .. the evening gig is sold out .. i think there's still tickets available for the 3pm matineé ;)
                          Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Is that matinee followed by a teen disco

Comment

Little tip for anyone getting the Stansted train... if you input the promo code NEWSITE it'll allow you first class return tickets for the price of standard ones

"First Class accommodation onboard offers everything you need to get you to your destination feeling relaxed and refreshed.

Large comfortable seats,tables which you can work from, complimentary newspaper and magazine and at seat refreshment service with complimentary tea, coffee or mineral water. Free airport lounge entry and FastTrack airport security pass with First Class.
                              Return tickets are valid for 30 days from the date of outward travel."

There's also discounts for group rates if you do a bit of googling
                              Last edited by LeakyBoots; 5th-April-2013, 15:39.
                              Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass View Post
                                Barfly .. the evening gig is sold out .. i think there's still tickets available for the 3pm matineé ;)
                                Anyone know whether the sunday evening gig is sold out? The option for MRSC members to buy has been removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X