X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
    Where and when would you suggest then?
    The opportunity will not really arise and I do not believe that is the function of the Q & A's..

Munster Rugby oblige the MRSC by providing management and players for various events. Supporters attending those events are expected to conduct themselves appropriately or, I would expect, there will be no more such events.

You will no doubt recall there was a Q & A back in 2008 shortly after the MRSC were shafted over tickets. Although many were pretty pissed off no one raised the issue with the panel that night. In fairness to him Pat Geraghty made reference to the issue at the end of the night and acknowledged the good manners of supporters attending in not raising the issue with the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
      The opportunity will not really arise and I do not believe that is the function of the Q & A's..

Munster Rugby oblige the MRSC by providing management and players for various events. Supporters attending those events are expected to conduct themselves appropriately or, I would expect, there will be no more such events.

You will no doubt recall there was a Q & A back in 2008 shortly after the MRSC were shafted over tickets. Although many were pretty pissed off no one raised the issue with the panel that night. In fairness to him Pat Geraghty made reference to the issue at the end of the night and acknowledged the good manners of supporters attending in not raising the issue with the panel.
      Good manners are the ruination of Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Late try View Post
        Good manners are the ruination of Ireland.
        Greed and selfishness have bee the ruination of Ireland.

Comment

Surely asking a searching question can't be inappropriate behavoir? Aren't the management and players answerable to the people who ultimately pay their wages?

The whole ticket thing didn't involve the players and management. They had no part in the unpopular decision made at that time.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Surely asking a searching question can't be inappropriate behavoir? Aren't the management and players answerable to the people who ultimately pay their wages?

The whole ticket thing didn't involve the players and management. They had no part in the unpopular decision made at that time.
            Players and management are not answerable to individual supporters. I assume players answer to the coach and the coach answers to the CEO and Munster Rugby board.

Q & A's take place in pubs and are an opportunity for supporters to meet players and management and ask a few harmless questions.

Comment

Players and management are not answerable to individual supporters. I assume players answer to the coach and the coach answers to the CEO and Munster Rugby board.

Q & A's take place in pubs and are an opportunity for supporters to meet players and management and ask a few harmless questions.
              Oh yes they are. As I said "ultimately" people vote with their feet, and players and management get P.45's.

Comment

Oh yes they are. As I said "ultimately" people vote with their feet, and players and management get P.45's.
                That does not mean they are answerable to individual supporters.

Comment

Surely that depends on what the question is!

Comment

Greed and selfishness have bee the ruination of Ireland.
                    Given the reins of power and unbothered by those of us with sense, inhibited from speaking out by our good manners.

[This may be slightly off topic ;-) ]

Comment

Splitting hairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Our day will come again View Post
                        Is there any venue planned closer to twickenham stadium for the saturday? I reckon a lot of fans will be going to the Ulster game also. The hotel in Chiswick seems a little removed from where all the craic will be. Think around Richmond or Twickenham town would be a better atmosphere.

I'm thinking the Garryowen sports bar on Saturday or even go to the Cabbage Patch again on the Saturday. Just like Edinburgh, it would be great to have one venue for the weekend that we make our own.

Any good ideas would be welcome.
                        I live about 5 mins walk from the Moran Chiswick but as an Ulster fan, I'll be at the game!

Like most hotel bars, the Moran is a bit characterless, however there are a couple of decent enough pubs nearby if you wanted to watch the game somewhere else before the MRSC event:

Connolly's 450 Chiswick High Road W4 5TT http://www.connollysofchiswick.co.uk/

They show all the Irish province games and the landlord is a Munster fan.

O'Riordans 3 High St Brentford TW8 0DX http://www.oriordanstavern.co.uk/
                        Last edited by mikerob; 1-April-2013, 22:53.

Comment

I said I'd check back the week of the game here because I know ye said there could be works on certain tube lines... Fitzy, LLCOOLJ14 and LondonMunster might be able to help me out:

Plane lands 10 am, then Stansted train into Liverpool St.

Our hotel is out by Haverstock Hill/Adelaide Rad (so Chalk Farm or Swiss Cottage tube stops I guess).

How feasible is it to go from Liverpool St. to hotel to drop off bag and then to Twickers?

Or am I better off just getting my ass to the Stoop asap and worry about the bag after
                          Marty in the Morning

Comment

Will there be a handy supply of flags about somewhere on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                              Will there be a handy supply of flags about somewhere on Sunday?
                              Yes,

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                                I said I'd check back the week of the game here because I know ye said there could be works on certain tube lines... Fitzy, LLCOOLJ14 and LondonMunster might be able to help me out:

Plane lands 10 am, then Stansted train into Liverpool St.

Our hotel is out by Haverstock Hill/Adelaide Rad (so Chalk Farm or Swiss Cottage tube stops I guess).

How feasible is it to go from Liverpool St. to hotel to drop off bag and then to Twickers?

Or am I better off just getting my ass to the Stoop asap and worry about the bag after
                                That's a bit tight. Northern line is closed from Camden to Charing Cross which messes up route 1 back into town after dropping your bags off, but just get the Jubilee straight to Waterloo from Swiss Cottage and you'll be fine. But, if i were you, I'd decide on bags on the day. If all goes to plan and you're in Liverpool St by 11.30 you'll be fine. If not, start thinking of going straight.

Mess around with the journey planner below to get an idea of times.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en
                                Girlfriend\'s English Boss: That Gaelic Football you lot play is a bit mad isn\'t it?

Girlfriend: That\'s nothing, you should watch a game of hurling. Think hockey except the ball is harder, it flies around the place and the sticks have bits of metal on the end of them.

GEB: Woah, sounds dangerous.

GF: Yeah, you can understand why some lads wear helmets, sure people have died.

GEB: What, from being hit in the head?

GF: No, they were shot by the English.

Comment

Working...
                                X