X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official MRSC LONDON BRANCH

Hi All,
    </font>

Aplogies for the delay with this weeks information.

We
    are pleased to advise that the London Branch are no longer a Proposed
    branch. Official status has been granted by MRSC Committee and
    management.

Thank you to all who have made this possible so far.

We
    have received numerous messages of support from MRSC Manager Jennifer
    Kiernan, Chairman Ian Buckley and Vice Chair Glenn Flanagan. We have
    been working closely with the MRSC Committee and foresee a great future
    for the London Branch. You are welcome to meet with us all next week in
    reading, a meeting point has been secured and will be announced on Monday</span></span> via www.mrsc.ie</font></span></span> .

Now to this weekends game,

A massive game for Munster.
    This weeks Venue for London Branch Meeting Point will be The Sheephaven Bay in Camden.

The
    nearest tubes are: Mornington Crescent (.2miles), Camden Town
    (0.3miles) and Euston Square (0.6miles). Nearest rail stations: Euston
    (0.5 miles), Camden Road (0.5miles) and St Pancras (0.8 miles).

See you there.

Dear All,

There is currently a group of London based Munster Supporters looking into the possibility of an MRSC London branch. They are looking for interested parties to join them at this crucial formation stage to both help get the branch up and running and fully affiliated to the MRSC, and also for those who are just interested in watching games etc.

Their first meeting will take place in central London the week of 23rd August (date/time to be confirmed based on feedback to ensure maximum attendance) in the Irish Club (2-4 Tudor Street, London EC4Y 0AA). Transport links can be obtained here ( https://irishclub.memberstatements.c...urs.cfm?TourID =57514)

If you are interested in this potential new branch, or for further details on the progress to date, drop me a PM and I'll forward the relevant contact details.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Best of luck with it BB...hope it takes off for you guys!

Comment

Best of Luck with this guys

Comment

Excellent stuff,,Hope all goes Well.
        Article by Nigel Melville - Gloucester Coach

Fingers get burned when the home fire is stoked in Munster. I suggest that any rugby fan who hasn\'t visited Thomond Park should get over there for the next Heineken Cup match. Only by being in Limerick on a big match day can you understand why the place is such a fortress.

Nigel Melville Tuesday January 20 2004 The Guardian

Comment

http://limerickrugby.ie/news-1000/Mu...y-Supporters-C lub--London-Branch
          Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Best of luck with this new venture. I'm sure there are many many expat Munster supporters in the London area, and if you can motivate &amp; unify them to meet &amp; travel regularly you'll have a lot of fun.

p.s. I wonder does Pat in The Sheephaven Bay see this as a threat? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Mebawsa Ritchie
              Best of luck with this new venture. I'm sure there are many many expat Munster supporters in the London area, and if you can motivate &amp; unify them to meet &amp; travel regularly you'll have a lot of fun.

p.s. I wonder does Pat in The Sheephaven Bay see this as a threat? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
              Ahhh we'll not abandon the Sheephaven if it doesn't become the official haunt..... had far too many good nights up there....
              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Another one coming up in October I reckon. The Friday night?
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I reckon you're dead right....[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                  He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake
                    I reckon you're dead right....[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

I may have to make a guest apperance![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                    "Why am I so rubbish at life?" Quote from a Saints fan in Shannon Airport 11/04/2010

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life :-)

Comment

best of luck with it!

Comment

Bump. I've not been involved thus far, but I'm now on the mailing list. Seems very well organised.

MR - I might get a night pass in October, but I'll have to do a Cinderella.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Hi all... just an update on the venue for this friday's game against Edinburgh.... come on up if you are stuck for a place to watch the game, or want to chat to some other Munsterfans, shake your fist at the tv or give out about George Hook..

<S&#079;NG><S&#079;NG>Friday 10th September (trial 2nd venue for away game Vs Edinburgh) Kick Off 19:05</S&#079;NG></S&#079;NG>

The venue for this can now be confirmed as the <S&#079;NG><S&#079;NG><S&#079;NG>Marquis of Granby</S&#079;NG></S&#079;NG></S&#079;NG>, 142 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8HJ. This location is very central and the nearest tubes are: Leicester Square (230m), Covent Garden (320m), Tottenham Court Road (380m), Piccadilly Circus (530m) and Charing Cross (660m) which also contains rail links.

How to find it:

From Leicester Square: Head up Charing Cross Road until you get to Cambridge Circus, junction with Shaftesbury Avenue. Turn right into Shaftesbury Avenue and the pub is just around the corner on the right. From Tottenham Court Road: Take the Charing Cross Road exit (mind the junkies) and head down Charing Cross Road to Cambridge Circus. You should be able to see the pub as you approach Shaftesbury Avenue - it's just across the road.

Comment

Have a great night lads, I'm off to Edinburgh for the game put hope to make a match with you all in London soon.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake

The venue for this can now be confirmed as the Marquis of
                              Granby, 142 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H
                              8HJ.
                              Isn't the Marquis of Granby run by yer man Richard who used
                              to run the Lyric nearby?

You should be OK as long as there isn't a Man U game on [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X