Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020/2021 Season Ticket Renewals

Survey sent out by Munster Rugby today.
    Takes 5 minutes so your chance to have your say on how you would like next season to proceed.

I wasn’t surprised by most of the questions but one that I wasn’t expecting was one that puts games in Cork in doubt next season. It said something like...if all games were in Thomond Park next season would it have an impact on your decision to purchase a season ticket? Going on that they seem to be considering matches in Limerick only. Obviously it’s only a question in a survey and not anything more than that at the moment and while I can see the reasoning behind it but it would be really sad to see the games in Cork go.
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Social distancing at a European Cup game?

Some chance, they might as well play behind closed doors or better still, forget it until more normal times return.

Comment

If they were worried about Social Distancing in Cork matches, they could play them in Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

If the will was there.

Of course, "never waste a crisis" as they say.

A great excuse to complete the move, Lock Stock and Barrell to Limerick

Comment

It is only a survey but the posing of that question in my opinion is divisive and short sighted.

Comment

It's been a while since there was a Limerick-Cork barney on this place! But I think it would be a disaster if Cork lost out - the new IIP has been a superb venue.
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              If they were worried about Social Distancing in Cork matches, they could play them in Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

If the will was there.

Of course, "never waste a crisis" as they say.

A great excuse to complete the move, Lock Stock and Barrell to Limerick
              It not an excuse to move evetything to Limerick. These are not normal circumstances. Stop being so bloody paranoid.

And PUC really isn't an option. If they're thinking of playing matches in Limerick just to make a few quid from ticket sales, they're not going to then give that money to the GAA in rent (and no way the IRFU would allow it).

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
                It is only a survey but the posing of that question in my opinion is divisive and short sighted.
                Why? They'll won't find out the opinion of fans from Cork and the South of Munster unless they ask the question. There's obviously nothing set in stone yet as in the previous question they included IIP in the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

It not an excuse to move evetything to Limerick. These are not normal circumstances. Stop being so bloody paranoid.

And PUC really isn't an option. If they're thinking of playing matches in Limerick just to make a few quid from ticket sales, they're not going to then give that money to the GAA in rent (and no way the IRFU would allow it).
                  You're not being paranoid if they really are out to get you.

When the New Improved Musgrave Park was unveiled, the capacity was 8,000 odd, to be increased to over 10,000.

There's been no talk about the expansion since, even though the place has been sold out for the Ireland U20s and Munster ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
                    Survey sent out by Munster Rugby today.
                    Takes 5 minutes so your chance to have your say on how you would like next season to proceed.
                    Anyone else not got this email?

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

I agree with you, am sure it’s just a possible pragmatic Solution- avoids having to develop two sets of plans, greater return from larger stadium etc but games also affect the local economy, and each place will need the fillip of a ‘crowd’ spending money in the city on which the game takes place.

Comment

Is it not the case that it is easier to accommodate more fans in a socially distanced 26,000 capacity stadium than an 11,000 capacity stadium? Surely that is the rationale and not any silly Cork/Limerick conspiracy rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                          Is it not the case that it is easier to accommodate more fans in a socially distanced 26,000 capacity stadium than an 11,000 capacity stadium? Surely that is the rationale and not any silly Cork/Limerick conspiracy rubbish.
                          Or maybe they're scoping reducing the capacity of either ground to 'covid safe' but that means you might only get access to a fraction of the matches you usually get.

Theres a myriad of reasons to ask what they're asking, I would wait and see what happens before deciding its the death knell for Munster in Cork.

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                            Get out of here with your sensible rationale.
                            Don't you know the foam frothers deserve their moment in the sun too.
                            Life is good

Comment

Current WHO distancing advice is 1m. Hopefully by the time next season rolls around the 2m distancing here will have been reduced to 1m meaning you can get twice as many people into the same space.

Comment

Working...
                              X