Clear All

• Rebel Yell
    replied
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover...ld-861952.html

Just leave this here

Leave a comment:

• CRC
    replied
    That’s good to know Rathbaner. Would be great if we can visit both Limerick and Galway

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    If you've got your own bus then Galway is barely an hour up the M-way from Limerick.

Leave a comment:

• CRC
    replied
    Thanks for the input. We are a bunch of old fogies so there wont be any arses on display. We have narrowed it down to Limerick or Galway, Limerick because it is more a rugby city and we have heard good things about Galway.

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied

Cork, Limerick and Galway are totally different prospects to smaller towns, so I'd restrict your list to those 3 just in terms of nightlife and accommodation options.

Galway does have a reputation for being hard to navigate in groups, but that's true all over. Every rugby tour I've been on for years has had to split into 4s to get anywhere.

One thing I would warn you of though is that Irish pubs aren't likely to be tolerant of the sort of antics that might happen on a rugby tour in Warsaw or Prague (and I've been on those with English clubs, so I'm not criticising).

Irish pubs will sell you large quantities of beer, but you'll all be out on your ear if someone gets their arse out. Generally speaking, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by buster View Post

I think Galway is a disaster from that point of view. I’m biased but I reckon ye’d have a cracking time in Limerick. It’s a bigger rugby city, good nightlife and almost every pub in town (if not every pub in town) would welcome you with open arms.
    I dont see Galway as a disaster having experienced the city with sides on tour from abroad

Leave a comment:

• buster
    replied
    Originally posted by CRC View Post
    Thanks Ormond, do you thnk Galway a beter venue for 20 guys getting into poubs etc..?
    I think Galway is a disaster from that point of view. I’m biased but I reckon ye’d have a cracking time in Limerick. It’s a bigger rugby city, good nightlife and almost every pub in town (if not every pub in town) would welcome you with open arms.

Leave a comment:

• CRC
    replied
    Thanks Ormond, do you thnk Galway a beter venue for 20 guys getting into poubs etc..?

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by CRC View Post
    any thoughts on best location ?
    Galway. Would probably between wegians/Corinthians be a team or two you could play and i think Oughterard had/have a vets team on occasion and theyd travel in if you had side to play if needed rather than ye travelling out there

Leave a comment:

• CRC
    replied
    any thoughts on best location ?

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    That's the weekend of the Nigels' Cup Final.

Leave a comment:

• CRC
    started a topic Rugby Tour advice PLEASE...?

Rugby Tour advice PLEASE...?

Morning Folks

I am organising a rugby tour from Newcastle Upon Tyne for a bunch of veterans, age ranges from 35- 50+. We are a bit decrepit and planning to find a team to play a game of touch rugby against, weekend of 22nd-24th May 2020.

The main question I have is, where would be best for a rugby tour in terms of nightlife etc.. for a bunch of around 20 people. Places we are considering are Cork, Kilkenny,Kilarney,Limerick,Galway.

We are flying into Dublin and considering hiring a bus.

Yours in RUGBY

CRC
Working...
X