HEC SF Saracens v Munster Sat 20 April 3.00 Ricoh Arena - travel etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
    So we've established that this isn't an official MRSC initiative, but the organisers are using the MRSC mailing list and using an email address with MRSC in it.

Wouldn't that be misrepresentation?
    They’ve just reverted to using the email address they had before they were official given their situation. This was clarified in their communications to subscribers of their newsletter, which always has an opt out on it. The email I got was sent from “Munster Fans London”, Subject read “Private Bus”, it’s clear enough to me.

And with the “private” bus from London to the Ricoh, they are continuing to do their best to help Munster supporters as always, (while continuing to look to reconcile differences with the head office). For those heading towards London the bus is a fairly handy option given the alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

It is, nevertheless, an excellent initative- and welcome, I’m sure to many who’d like to travel en made to the game.
      Absolutely, more power to them.

Just pointing out it's not an official MRSC bus.
      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
        You are correct that it is private and not an MRSC London venture etc.

Neither Munster or MRSC have closed the branch though.

I didn't say it was closed. I said it didn't presently exist.

Happy to be corrected on this if that isn't true.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

I didn't say it was closed. I said it didn't presently exist.

Happy to be corrected on this if that isn't true.
          It will continue.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

Absolutely, more power to them.

Just pointing out it's not an official MRSC bus.
            What do you think about the potential GDPR and misrepresentation issues though?
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

What do you think about the potential GDPR and misrepresentation issues though?

There’s something funny about you asking me that question on this (unofficial but officially brilliant) forum.

I’m more worried about the potential that Saracens bring on the day. I’m sure there’s other forums for GDPR, let’s stick to Munster fan talk here Miguel.

Comment

Just to clarify the train situation.

There are issues with trains generally over Easter due to railworks (I had the same problem at Easter last year in Dublin and had to catch the bus to Galway). There is a bus replacement service from Birmingham International Station (for the airport) to Coventry and ALSO if you are coming from the south (London) it adds about another 10-15 minutes on your trip.

The trains from Leicester direction, change at Nuneaton are running normally.

On a separate note, there is the train from Coventry to the Ricoh Stadium on the matchday, this is the one carriage wonder that you are best off avoiding, it used to not stop at the Ricoh before and after matches, it now does but it is extremely limited in departures and size, shared taxi or shuttle bus from the station is your best option. Actually your best bet is to get into town early have a few beers and a Wetherspoons breakfast and then make your way out to the ground later as it's a drinker's desert until you get to the ground where there will be a decent fanzone and many bars in the ground.

Hope that helps.

Mart

Comment

Originally posted by psplay View Post

There’s something funny about you asking me that question on this (unofficial but officially brilliant) forum.

I’m more worried about the potential that Saracens bring on the day. I’m sure there’s other forums for GDPR, let’s stick to Munster fan talk here Miguel.

I didn't actually ask you.

My query is still entirely relevant regardless.

Organising transport is a good idea obviously, but needs to be done properly, transparently, and compliantly too.

​​​​​

Comment

I didn't actually ask you.

My query is still entirely relevant regardless.

Organising transport is a good idea obviously, but needs to be done properly, transparently, and compliantly too.

​​​​
                    How are you getting to the game?

Comment

I for one welcome the mechanically propelled vehicle option organised by the Artists Formerly Known as MRSC London
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by psplay View Post

How are you getting to the game?

Not sure yet. Looking at options.

Comment

Based on the post here, I mailed the address in the link. I am interested in the Bus as I will be in London and do not want to miss the match.
                          I was given a bank detail and a PayPal link. The PayPal link details caused me to pause. I logged on here and I see the discussion around the status of the Bus.
                          Does anyone know the people involved? I am keen to utilise the bus but I don't want to transfer funds and find myself without transportation if it gets subsequently gets cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by saarlander View Post
                            Based on the post here, I mailed the address in the link. I am interested in the Bus as I will be in London and do not want to miss the match.
                            I was given a bank detail and a PayPal link. The PayPal link details caused me to pause. I logged on here and I see the discussion around the status of the Bus.
                            Does anyone know the people involved? I am keen to utilise the bus but I don't want to transfer funds and find myself without transportation if it gets subsequently gets cancelled.
                            Not personally- but I’d be astonished if it wasn’t kosher. Goodness knows what went on between them and branch etc, but it’s a real shame a group who had some great iniatives seems to be out in the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by saarlander View Post
                              It’s most likely Jay, he’s run most of these including the one that brought us down to Cardiff for the 6 nations game a few weekends ago. Drop them a line on the email if you’ve any concerns.

Comment

4 of us heading over
                                Calais- dover and drive up
                                back sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X