HEC SF Saracens v Munster Sat 20 April 3.00 Ricoh Arena - travel etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I had a major row with booking.com recently. Booked something 3 months ahead, but the free cancellation period had also expired. Hope you have better luck than me!
    So you had a major row over missing the cancellation period that's clearly stated when you book on booking.com usually set by the hotel (i booked 3 different hotels on booking.com for this match and each had a different cancellation period).
    That's hardly the fault of them. It's your tardiness that's at fault here.
    Life is good

Comment

The Holiday Inn on the M6 Junction 2 in Coventry is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post

So you had a major row over missing the cancellation period that's clearly stated when you book on booking.com usually set by the hotel (i booked 3 different hotels on booking.com for this match and each had a different cancellation period).
        That's hardly the fault of them. It's your tardiness that's at fault here.
        Well done- you’ve managed to apportion blame without knowing any of the facts.

Comment

I had a major row with booking.com recently. Booked something 3 months ahead, but the free cancellation period had also expired. Hope you have better luck than me!
          I had a six month row with booking.com and eventually got my money back, and I was definitely not in the wrong - nor were they but they did facilitate a fraudulent booking I.E hotel took money but had no room to provide. All in all, they are largely ok once you note the cancellation period.
          Last edited by The Last Stand; 16th-April-2019, 15:39.

Comment

Does anyone know are there any bars (or any sort of life) out by the Ricoh? Thinking of maybe heading out there around lunch time on Saturday if there's a bar or fanzone out there to avoid the traffic. Sounds like an awful nuisance of a place to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
              Does anyone know are there any bars (or any sort of life) out by the Ricoh? Thinking of maybe heading out there around lunch time on Saturday if there's a bar or fanzone out there to avoid the traffic. Sounds like an awful nuisance of a place to get to.
              It’s a long time ago, but Munster’s last trip there there were several fanzone etc, it was jammed- and so a bit random, would expect the same or better this time- it’ll be thirsty weather.

Comment

It’s a long time ago, but Munster’s last trip there there were several fanzone etc, it was jammed- and so a bit random, would expect the same or better this time- it’ll be thirsty weather.
                I think we can all agree, Coventry is an awful SF location!

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

I had a six month row with booking.com and eventually got my money back, and I was definitely not in the wrong - nor were they but they did facilitate a fraudulent booking I.E hotel took money but had no room to provide. All in all, they are largely ok once you note the cancellation period.
                  Have always had a good experience with them until the ‘cancellation period’ lasted about a minute- and that for a booking several months ahead- and still a few away. They have been hauled over the coals here for some of these practices, and advertising which encourages quick decision making, so I haven’t given up yet. Am glad you won eventually.

Comment

If we get a win we’ll bloody love it- to quote Mr Keegan.

Comment

2 Tickets for sale at face Value for Munster V Saracen’s on Sat 20th April section E16 (2 seats together) anyone interested Pm me.

Comment

I have nothing but happy memories of the last semi-final I attended in Coventry.

Comment

This is from the email I got in respect to the coaches heading up from London:

In Coventry:
                          The bus will drop supporters off on St Finbarr's GAA club (CV6 4DG). If for any reason there is severe traffic delays, the bus will drop off as close to the stadium as possible. You may leave items on the bus during the match.

St Finbarr's will open from 11am on Saturday. Live music from noon until 3pm and from 5.30 until late. Hot food will be available in the club but there is also a Morrisons, numerous restaurants and chippers, a petrol station and various cash points all available beside the club. They have been kind enough to open their doors to us and we kindly ask all to reciprocate by giving them some business on the day. If meeting others, perhaps arrange to meet there. They have capacity for 700 people and provide an important outlet for Irish Exiles in Coventry.
                          english by birth

Comment

Don't want to bring the whole Billy stuff up again but can we try to make sure that we can not boo him. It's just not classy!

Comment

Originally posted by munster by marriage View Post

This is from the email I got in respect to the coaches heading up from London:

In Coventry:
                              The bus will drop supporters off on St Finbarr's GAA club (CV6 4DG). If for any reason there is severe traffic delays, the bus will drop off as close to the stadium as possible. You may leave items on the bus during the match.

St Finbarr's will open from 11am on Saturday. Live music from noon until 3pm and from 5.30 until late. Hot food will be available in the club but there is also a Morrisons, numerous restaurants and chippers, a petrol station and various cash points all available beside the club. They have been kind enough to open their doors to us and we kindly ask all to reciprocate by giving them some business on the day. If meeting others, perhaps arrange to meet there. They have capacity for 700 people and provide an important outlet for Irish Exiles in Coventry.
                              This is good to know about thanks! I see they are close to the Ricoh Arena, which otherwise seems to be a bit of a desert.

For the younger Munster fans here, the human ties between Coventry and Ireland - Cork in particular - go back a long way now. My parents and thousands more of their generation left Ireland and found good jobs in the Midlands in the 1950s when there was nothing for them here. Economic migrants before that term was in vogue.

My impression is that most who took the boat to Holyhead did not manage to return home, other than maybe on holiday. No Ryanair then. Not much spare cash either if you were hoping to raise a family. From my parents' stories I have a sense of how much clubs like St Finbarr's meant to the young emigrants so far from home. St Finbarr's was the place to go for help from people like Alice Carbery (Crossan), originally from Letterkenny, who would assist new arrivals in finding work. The céilís were legendary apparently. A variation on the ballroom of romance.

So I will call by for a pint on Saturday, in a small way saying a belated thanks.
                              Last edited by Late try; 17th-April-2019, 12:19.

Comment

There's a Working Man's Club right at the stadium. Was there last time we played Saracens. Bit of a dump inside but they had Magners and a lawn area with picnic benches. We had a bit of banter with some elderly Saracens fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X