HEC SF Saracens v Munster Sat 20 April 3.00 Ricoh Arena - travel etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    I booked a twin room in the Hylands Hotel (city centre, 500m from the railway station) for the Friday night only - one of the beds is no longer needed, in case anyone on here is also travelling over the day before but is stuck for a place to stay. No charge if you buy me breakfast!
    Sounds like a fab hotel...

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL! This hotel has now become social housing for the homeless, alcoholics and other druggies. I booked a double room in November 2018 for one night in January 2019. Plenty of time for the hotel to react and let me know. I arrive in the late evening only to find random strangers in flip flops and dressing gowns walking around the premises. I was terrified and actually worried something was going to happen, judging by the looks I was getting from the other “guests”. At first, I was told my booking could not be found, only to then be informed there was one, single room left in the hotel, which I could take. Being given the key, the receptionist simply told me to go upstairs and check the room to see if it is acceptable. At this point I knew there was something wrong, but entering the room confirmed my earlier worries. The whole hotel stank, with everyone smoking inside, damp everywhere with the stench being unbearable. I was told a full refund would be paid to me, but I was given no assistance or financial help for booking a new hotel room at the last minute. Authorities have been informed.

Comment

I booked a twin room in the Hylands Hotel (city centre, 500m from the railway station) for the Friday night only - one of the beds is no longer needed, in case anyone on here is also travelling over the day before but is stuck for a place to stay. No charge if you buy me breakfast!
      Read the reviews . Stay at your peril.

Comment

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport hotel. Taxi from the airport to hotel is £30 or else the buses run every 20 mins and are only £2.50 e/w. Only a 20 min drive from Coventry. €40 per night for a double room.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post

Read the reviews . Stay at your peril.
          sure whats the worse that could happen?

you'll leave on Sunday with a victory, two or three new infections & a pet raccoon.

Comment

I'd cancel and stay in one of these new Eco Green Cubes - cleaner and more comfortable.....

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Oh joy ... the search continues.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

This place still has some rooms left Mr Chips
                Premier inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park)
                "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
                Will Greenwood

Comment

Britannia hotel is available on booking.com

Comment

Cheers folks - got myself a B&B with an average rating of 9/10. Appreciate the heads up!
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Cheers folks - got myself a B&B with an average rating of 9/10. Appreciate the heads up!
                      See you for some early pints around glamorous Coventry city centre on Saturday morning?
                      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Sounds like a plan! Drop me a line some time after 10. I'll introduce you to any new pets I acquire the night before ...
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

A lucky escape, Mr C! Your Hylands Hotel reviews are a sight to behold...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	2566046

Comment

Yeah, I mentioned it to mrs chips this evening - we'd both been trying to find a place and she told me she'd found a handy one with a good score on booking.com, so I said to go for it. Turns out the "good score" wasn't 5 out of 5, but 5 out of 10! A place has to be pretty crap even to go below 7 in my experience. The "free cancellation" period had expired at midnight so I've had to send through a cancellation request, but I haven't heard anything back yet.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Yeah, I mentioned it to mrs chips this evening - we'd both been trying to find a place and she told me she'd found a handy one with a good score on booking.com, so I said to go for it. Turns out the "good score" wasn't 5 out of 5, but 5 out of 10! A place has to be pretty crap even to go below 7 in my experience. The "free cancellation" period had expired at midnight so I've had to send through a cancellation request, but I haven't heard anything back yet.
                              I had a major row with booking.com recently. Booked something 3 months ahead, but the free cancellation period had also expired. Hope you have better luck than me!

Comment

That’s not the fault of booking.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X