Travelling supporters thread: Edinburgh v Munster HEC Quarter Final, March 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    I'll be on the 07:20 train leaving Sheffield on match day..bit tight but hotel near Waverley.
    I got stag template and Red Face paint.If anyone is on train and wants Red Stag on Face...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I considered that train, but I think I'm going to drive up as soon as my daughter finishes school on the Friday. It will be her first game and she would have loved to have her face painted.

Comment

Loads more tickets released for the game today.

Anyone who bought early tickets got humped, which is pretty unfair.
      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

If only they could translate onto the pitch their ability off the pitch to screw over all things rugby related in Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
          Loads more tickets released for the game today.

Anyone who bought early tickets got humped, which is pretty unfair.
          F’cking langers. One relief, if we fail to beat Wales on the last day of the six nations, would be that I wouldn’t have to dirty myself supporting Scotland.

Comment

I have a spare ticket. It’s a good seat. Section E13, row O. €35.

Comment

From Munster Rugby - Additional Players – Champions Cup

Under EPCR tournament rules, clubs which have qualified for the knockout stages of the Heineken Champions Cup and the Challenge Cup can nominate up to three players for registration to supplement their European squads.

The below trio have been nominated by Munster as the province’s Additional Players for the knockout stages of the 2018/19 Champions Cup.

James Cronin, Bill Johnston and Jack O’Donoghue.

Comment

James Cronin! Thank feck for that, I had started to wonder was there going to be some very unwelcome news on his injury.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Delighted, 3 great additions to the Euro squad
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Cronin still listed as rehabbing in the latest squad update, so he must be close. Great news.
                    Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

First time at a game in Edinbugh, Lads....any recommendations on good rugby pubs?

Comment

The Roseburn, around the corner from Murrayfield while not, strictly speaking a Rugby Pub, is an excellent establishment.

​​​​​​The staff are plentiful, friendly and efficient.

It does, however, tend to be very crowded on match days, sometimes you have to queue to get in.

Management seem to understand that they have only a limited time to sell drink before the match and they and their employees act accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          The Roseburn, around the corner from Murrayfield while not, strictly speaking a Rugby Pub, is an excellent establishment.

It does, however, tend to be very crowded on match days, sometimes you have to queue to get in.

Management seem to understand that they have only a limited time to sell drink before the match and they and their employees act accordingly.
                          Thanks for that.

Comment

There is also Dropkick Murphy's in the Old Town.

Again, not really a Rugby Pub, it's an Irish Pub, owned by a Glanmire man, but I feel it merits a mention for the following reason.

In '17, because of Anthony Foley's death and the postponement and subsequent re-fixing of the Racing game, the Embra v Munster game was re-scheduled for the night before Scotland Ireland game.

Dropkick Murphys ran a bus to Myreside for the game and four of us turned up there, enquiring about the Bus. The owner told us that it was full but not to worry, he'd sort us out.

We had a pint and were leaving to get a Taxi when he called us over, loaded us into his car and brought us to the game.

(It wouldn't surprise me if it gets a mention in the MRSC Guide to Edinburgh, due out this week. )

Comment

John Barcley back for Edinburgh this weekend
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Unfortunately there is football on the same day, Hearts (close to Murrayfield) play Aberdeen and the Roseburn is usually a designated away fans pub so will likely be very busy and full of Aberdeen fans pre and post game so may be an idea to avoid.

Comment

Working...
                                X