Edinburgh v Munster Heineken Cup Quarter Final, March 29-31 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinburgh v Munster Heineken Cup Quarter Final, March 29-31 2019

May as well have a thread for general travel/accommodation/ticketing discussions. Actual date and time is due to be confirmed this week, but we know it's the weekend of 29-31 March. Which is of course the weekend on which the UK is supposed to leave the EU, but hopefully there won't be any travel issues between Ireland and Britain.

Anybody know what the likely cost of a half-decent ticket will be? I generally prefer to be somewhere between the 22s.
    Tis but a scratch.

No idea on cost but they should be easily available anyway
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

At least the last weekend in March there should be a decent provision of hotel space in Edinburgh. I did have a quick look on Sunday and everything seemed half sensibly priced.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        May as well have a thread for general travel/accommodation/ticketing discussions. Actual date and time is due to be confirmed this week, but we know it's the weekend of 29-31 March. Which is of course the weekend on which the UK is supposed to leave the EU, but hopefully there won't be any travel issues between Ireland and Britain.

Anybody know what the likely cost of a half-decent ticket will be? I generally prefer to be somewhere between the 22s.

Chippy, judging by the prices on their site for the 1872 Cup games, you're talking £35.

Comment

From going to previous QFs, I can't see us having to pay much more than £50 for a seat tbh. Even if we travel in numbers, we're still not going to fill Murrayfield!
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

White smoke due from Lausanne soon.

PS

Murrayfield, even 3/4 full, is pretty soulless.
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Are they saying the dates today?
              Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

When we played in a group game of the Heineken cup a few years back AFAIR you could sit wherever you wanted.

We we lost that day. I do remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                  When we played in a group game of the Heineken cup a few years back AFAIR you could sit wherever you wanted.

I was there and yes, we did - iirc it was a pretty terrible game. The pitch fell apart as well.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

I was there and yes, we did - iirc it was a pretty terrible game. The pitch fell apart as well.
                    They had terrible problems with nematode worms but have now installed a hybrid pitch so no worries on that account.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

And Zebo’s foot went down through the sandy top solo and JJ through out a match-deciding speculative pass (we lost!). And yes, it was soulless, and freezing.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

And Zebo’s foot went down through the sandy top solo and JJ through out a match-deciding speculative pass (we lost!). And yes, it was soulless, and freezing.
                        And they take the tops off your bottles if Carlsberg at the bar!!
                        The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

One thought there while I was out running and listening to the Rugby Podcast... in previous years are the quarters on a Saturday relevant to each other. As in, the winner of Saturday 1 plays Saturday 2 in a semi? That way each day you get to see a Semi Final match up after the Quarters have finished.

If thats the case and we’re fairly sure the French Love a Sunday game for their Quarter. Then this puts us on Saturday. That could be complete crap. Just a thought.
                          The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
                            ... in previous years are the quarters on a Saturday relevant to each other. As in, the winner of Saturday 1 plays Saturday 2 in a semi? .
                            No

That way each day you get to see a Semi Final match up after the Quarters have finished
                            sorry, not sure what you mean here?

Comment

Originally posted by Riskymove View Post

sorry, not sure what you mean here?
                              If that were the case and the French usually get a Sunday game then Leon v Ulster would have to be the other Sunday game.

That leaves both Sar v Glas & Edi v Mun would be on Saturday.
                              Obviously i’m Wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X