Gloucester Away - Friday January 11th @ 19:45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burkie12 View Post

Just a couple more going I reckon. We are in a gang of 12 going (one neutral there but we’ll stick a Munster scarf around his neck).
    Hopefully we get above 50 anyway
    "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
    Will Greenwood

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
      Was on their forum,they're expecting only 47 visitors. I have bad news for them on that front :P
      Think there's a bit of leg pulling going on....at the rate that tickets have sold we know where they're going...Gloucester folk don't wake up until the week of a match and there'll be 'anyone got a spare...blah blah'!

This is more like what we really think on years gone by...

Comment

Originally posted by KPB1873 View Post

Think there's a bit of leg pulling going on....at the rate that tickets have sold we know where they're going...Gloucester folk don't wake up until the week of a match and there'll be 'anyone got a spare...blah blah'!

This is more like what we really think on years gone by...
        Looking forward to the trip over. Was there a few years ago and the locals were extremely sound, a very welcoming bunch. Shed will be rocking.
        "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
        Will Greenwood

Comment

The last time I was at Kingsholm was in 2002 for the reverse fixture of the miracle match. 2 of us going again & massively looking forward to it.

Comment

I think we will find that Gloucester are a bit disinterested by the time the game comes around, every Gloucester supporter I have spoken to is of the opinion that the overwhelming priority this season is the league and a top four finish.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              I think we will find that Gloucester are a bit disinterested by the time the game comes around, every Gloucester supporter I have spoken to is of the opinion that the overwhelming priority this season is the league and a top four finish.
              I think a lot will depend on their double header against Exeter. They probably didn't expect to have any real chance of qualifying before the tournament started, but with the way Exeter have started they now have a chance. If they can come through December still in with a shout, all of a sudden with a quarter final spot up for grabs and opinions could well change.
              Last edited by Wallyman; 21st-November-2018, 13:49.

Comment

Folks,

I'm flying into LHR and want to get to Gloucester by train. Am I right in thinking bus to Reading, then train is best?

Thanks.
                1973-2016

Comment

Originally posted by aria View Post
                  Folks,

I'm flying into LHR and want to get to Gloucester by train. Am I right in thinking bus to Reading, then train is best?

Thanks.
                  Depends maybe which terminal but fast train to Paddington, and direct to gloucerster (2.5-3 hrs max) would be more reliable and probably quicker. Google maps, for example, suggests that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

I think a lot will depend on their double header against Exeter. They probably didn't expect to have any real chance of qualifying before the tournament started, but with the way Exeter have started they now have a chance. If they can come through December still in with a shout, all of a sudden with a quarter final spot up for grabs and opinions could well change.
                    They are playing well but a dog fight with Exeter might not play to their strengths.

Comment

They are playing well but a dog fight with Exeter might not play to their strengths.
                      Exeter only just scraped past Bristol at the weekend- but they did- and they keep winning close games (except for one very close to our hearts). Those games could be a decent watch- two low scoring draws would do us nicely, as well a demoralisingly large victory over Castre in Limerick!

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Exeter only just scraped past Bristol at the weekend- but they did- and they keep winning close games (except for one very close to our hearts). Those games could be a decent watch- two low scoring draws would do us nicely, as well a demoralisingly large victory over Castre in Limerick!
                        JP Doyle at home and Barnes away is always a concern. Hopefully POM and CJ have finally cracked the latter’s breakdown interpretations. For my blood pressure I wish someone would tell Barnes to stop calling players “mate”. Jebus it grinds my gears. But a BP win against Castres, which should be Munster’s ambition/ expectation should kill off their interest for the return fixture.

Comment

JP Doyle at home and Barnes away is always a concern. Agree Hopefully POM and CJ have finally cracked the latter’s breakdown interpretations. For my blood pressure I wish someone would tell Barnes to stop calling players “mate”. Jebus it grinds my gears. But a BP win against Castres, which should be Munster’s ambition/ expectation should kill off their interest for the return fixture.
                          Castres will always up their game at home. I just hope that we don't take the first leg for granted
                          Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Just been on gloucester site very few stand tickets can't get 5 anywhere close together is it us or are they waiting for season ticket holders to confirm or is this a Jan sell out

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Depends maybe which terminal but fast train to Paddington, and direct to gloucerster (2.5-3 hrs max) would be more reliable and probably quicker. Google maps, for example, suggests that route.
                              Faster maybe (not sure on that) but the fast train to Paddington is extortionate. Time permitting, personally I'd save a few quid and get the bus to Reading. Or as an alternative hire a car for a few days.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

Castres will always up their game at home. I just hope that we don't take the first leg for granted
                                Sorry, my post wasn’t clear. I think the BP win in Limerick should be the ambition. A 5-0 win would kill off Castres’ interest, imho.

Comment

Working...
                                X