• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castres Away - Saturday December 15th @ 18:30 CET

Information thread

Last season's threads with some pertinent information is available here:
    https://www.munsterfans.com/forum/rh...y-october-15th

Hopefully there won't be any hurricanes this time around.

I have made a booking in the Hotel l'etap in Saix. It's 6 km or so from Castres.

What's the Taxi situation late at night in Castres?

Should I try to get digs closer to the town centre?

Comment

to grab a taxi are usually a nightmare in France especially late night in small town.
      the best adviser will be your hotel, do not hesitate to ask them if they have good contacts to go to the stadium and return with your hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
        I have made a booking in the Hotel l'etap in Saix. It's 6 km or so from Castres.

Went there last year on a day trip from Toulouse, center of the town is really nice, big square with a few restaurants and bars, and about 15-20 minute walk to the ground. We couldnt find a taxi to bring us to the train station that evening, and nearly missed the train. I would stay as central as possible.

Comment

any one organising bus from Toulouse to Castres this time
          Nice in water

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

We were there last year, Castres is a grand town, and one of those places where MFs will be highly visible all weekend. Saix might be relatively quiet (i.e. dead). If you can get accommodation in Castres, go for it.

The B&B Hotel in the centre is clean, functional, robotic and cheap (€55 cancellable). There's others too.

Comment

Seven of us are booked into the Hotel de L'Europe.

It used to be a brothel, it seems. It certainly looks interesting on line.

Comment

A load of us stayed in Hôtel B&B CASTRES Centre Gambetta last year and it was fine. Very central

Comment

CONNACHT are playing Friday night in Perpignan. A few of us Connacht clan are going to support Munster on the Saturday in Castre .
                  We rang your ticket office to see what part of the ground you are sitting in. They could not answer that question for us yet.
                  Does anyone have any information or when your tickets are available would someone please let us know where you are sitting.

​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Tall Paul
                    It was easy enough to get tickets on the day last year.
                    Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Haddock Thrower View Post
                      A load of us stayed in Hôtel B&B CASTRES Centre Gambetta last year and it was fine. Very central
                      Think im booked in there this year. Couldnt travel last year as had shoulder in sling..fighting fit and raring to go this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Paul View Post
                        CONNACHT are playing Friday night in Perpignan. A few of us Connacht clan are going to support Munster on the Saturday in Castre .
                        We rang your ticket office to see what part of the ground you are sitting in. They could not answer that question for us yet.
                        Does anyone have any information or when your tickets are available would someone please let us know where you are sitting.

​​​​​​
                        Last year branch tickets were in Tribune Gabarrou

Comment

Oooh just had an email from Ryan air..my return flight times have been changed.Instead of flying back at 14:10 from Carcassonne it now leaves at 09:15 arriving Stansted 10:20...big diff.
                          The Stansted bit is actually better for me travelling back up North...just have to get to Carcassonne in time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

typical RyanAir...

Comment

Staying in Hotel Renaissance....seems fairly central! Looks like there is one Irish bar there anyway, Le Quay, should be a meeting point.
                              Atmosphere any good at the stadium?

Comment

Working...
                              X