Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heineken Final Cardiff 2011

From BBC Website

The Heineken Cup final will be staged at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium in May 2011 and at Twickenham in May 2012.

The move is sure to please Munster fans who have made the final every time it has been held at the Millennium Stadium, in 2002, 2006 and 2008.

"Cardiff is a city that has fully embraced the Heineken Cup ever since our first season," said European Rugby Cup chief executive Derek McGrath.

Cardiff Arms Park hosted the first two Heineken Cup finals in 1996 and 1997.

The old stadium was then knocked down to make way for the Millennium Stadium.

The 2012 final will be the fourth to be hosted at Twickenham.

Biarritz and Toulouse will contest the 2010 final at the Stade de France in Paris on Saturday.

Twenty-three teams have been decided for next season's competition, the 24th and final qualifier depending on the result of Sunday's Amlin Challenge Cup final.

Should Cardiff Blues beat Toulon in Marseille, Wales will gain a fourth Heineken Cup place, allowing the Scarlets in through the cat flap.

If Toulon triumph, the last Heineken Cup spot for next season will go to Gloucester.

Munster, Toulouse, Leinster, Leicester Tigers, Biarritz Olympique and the Blues are the seeded teams and will be kept apart in the draw for the six groups.

Tickets onsale now

Comment

Just got 4 at £30 each seem very cheap more than likely not great seats but inside the ground so who cares ............ got to be us next year I reckon we deserve it.
      I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

Got tickets 5 x£30 - also booked the Ibis!

Comment

i just got 4 aswell.. Savage seats L5 at £30
          Robbie G fair play for the link.

Comment

Some of those £30 Lower tier seats are the ones at the backunder the middle tier.They have restricted views, but there are monitors on which you can follow the game.

Not ideal but fair enough for £30.

Comment

Nice one RobbieG, just got 6 [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
              What about it....i'll tell ya what.

Shabba.

Comment

Plenty of hotels in Brussels to be cancelled now so. Van Damme and the other ambassadors will be very disappointed...
                "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they're not always accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

boring [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
                  The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Oh.......Cardiff, How I love thee

Comment

Originally posted by handslikefeet
                      Plenty of hotels in Brussels to be cancelled now so. Van Damme and the other ambassadors will be very disappointed...
                      Its Brains instead of Chimay so, Carling instead of Jupiler ah well.
                      Just cancelled the hotel in Bruxelles. Van Damme must be gutted.
                      We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                      Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

2@ 32 quid , L 21 row 1. !
                        Thanks for the heads up , ERC site says on sale from 21st May. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well spotted RG. Sorted.
                          "This was the performance Ireland had been threatening all championship but had only managed to produce in fits and starts. Defeats at the hands of France and Wales had put paid to their title aspirations, never mind a Grand Slam, but yesterday’s emphatic 24-8 win shows that this is a team moving in the right direction."

The Irish Times after Ireland beat England at Lansdowne Road on 19/03/11

Comment

Got mine as well - roll on next season...[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Tickets sorted

Had a huge problem booking hotel tho...

Finally got it done - Helpful fella on Laterooms.com via the phone

Comment

Working...
                              X