The Forum On The Munster Website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Forum On The Munster Website

The forum on the Munster website used to be one of the best Rugby Forums around with very good topics being debated by people who knew their Rugbyand a couple of updates every day . Now it is crap with only a few posts each day and a few updates every week . What has hasppened

Why dont you ask them.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
    I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

I posted there b4 I found this place.

Comment

probably is Munsterfans

Comment

Originally posted by Cool - Cat
          The forum on the Munster website used to be one of the best Rugby Forums around with very good topics being debated by people who knew their Rugbyand a couple of updates every day . Now it is crap with only a few posts each day and a few updates every week . What has hasppened

emmm, errrmmm maybe it is because people aren't happy with posts being updated only a couple of times a day ? Especially when there is a more immediate alternative ?

Comment

Originally posted by car54

I asked them got no answer

Comment

Originally posted by car54

I asked them got no answer

Perfect definition of the official site[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

the moderator of that forum was also an opinionated langer that pissed off loads posters.....

Comment

Originally posted by socks
                  the moderator of that forum was also an opinionated langer that pissed off loads posters.....
                  Was ? Still is IMO.

Comment

3 mods there actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Point

emmm, errrmmm maybe it is because people aren't happy with posts being updated only a couple of times a day ? Especially when there is a more immediate alternative ?

Definitely think that thisis the main thing that's killing it. In fact,if it was a postal service, it would havegone to the wall ages ago... you send your letter with no guarantee of when it will arrive (... maybe PG's otherwise occupied) orif it will arrive (... maybe PG's taken exception to the content or to your 'tone') and then, evenif it does arrive, you wait for an indeterminate amount of timefor a responsethat you may or may not receive.

'I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose' - Woody Allen

Comment

Yes i have to agree it is a load of rubbish now used to be good once the moderaters show ne respect for the people who post on it . Langers

Comment

I reckon they realised fairly quickly they could never compete with this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G

It is difficult to compete with a live forum when the alternative is for every post to be read/edited before it is posted. Those moderators are not full time moderators - they have other things to do for the MB. The big advantages a forum like theirs has is that the threads can be kept on topic and wums can be ignored - the down-side is that it is too time consuming. This site on the other hand tends to be pretty much self moderating - with a few exceptions and these are generally picked up quickly because of the number of moderators.
                            Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G

So why do they not finish up with the Forum on the Munster site what is the point in having a forum that has one update every week ???

Comment

Working...
                              X